Disney help...

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by chanm002, Jan 6, 2010.

1. chanm002

chanm002 New Member

Hello guys.

I'm flying out on the 20th June for the ICP and was wondering about booking a hotel for my family. They are planning on arriving on 22nd August for 2 weeks until the end of the program.

How would I go about booking a room in a hotel? And what is the discount?

Thanks!!! :)

2. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

When you get there you will be told how to get onto the Hub, that's where you'll book it through.
    Discount varies depending on day, hotel, availability etc - I think it can be between 10 and 50% (but in August that's unlikely).
    Hope that helps!
    xx

3. jdavies

jdavies New Member

i spoke to yummy jobs about this today he said you might get up to 40-50% discount on the hotels but depending on availability.
    you could be moved around and told my family this and they said that will be fine, as they can experience more of the hotels haha

he said if you are going to book the hotel when u get there then tell your family to book a flydrive so their flight etc is sorted and you will just have to wait until you get to disney to book the actual hotel. hope that helps =]

4. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

I got a 60% discount for my family in August.
    And once you're booked in, there's no distinguishing you between a cast member and a guest - they would never move you to a different hotel if it wasn't necessary.

5. jdavies

jdavies New Member

wow thats a awesome discount!
    when did they come was it late august? a few of my friends are thinking of coming out too but im thinking that the value resorts would have even less availability so i told them to have a look on international drive.
    any suggestions would be of great help because it would be great if they came out =]

6. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

It was early August, as I was done on the 6th.
    I hate staying off property. You miss so much of the experience!

7. chanm002

chanm002 New Member

Thank you much for your replies!! :)

Jus a quick question, tinkithink, which hotel were your family able to stay in?

8. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Pop Century! I think, anyways.

9. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

I got a couple of nights at All Star Movies at the end of August for $30 or something ridiculous like that! The value resorts are usually the first to fill up though, so book as soon as you get your Hub ID to make sure you get rooms :-D

10. chanm002

chanm002 New Member

Wow! That is cheap! :)

How did you pay for these rooms? Would I pay a deposit and then my parents pay the rest when they come? Or do I have to pay all in full from my american bank account? Or with cash? Ahhh, confused!!!

Thanks!

11. CharlotteSparkle

you'll have to pay the full amount I think - I did!! I booked online and paid by card so i guess you could use your parents card to pay for it

12. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

The same rules as booking a disney hotel apply. You can pay a percentage if it's more than 60 days away or something.

13. gevernon

gevernon New Member

Hi everyone,

My parents are looking at booking flights to arrive in orlando on 10th June for one week. What do you think the chances are to get a discounted hotel? Have the American schools broke up by then?

I dont start until the 20th June, so will it be harder to get a hotel for such a close date? Will all of the other cast members who got there on earlier dates pinched the hotels?! lol.

Any help would be great
    Thanks xxx

14. CharlotteSparkle

If you don't start until June 20th you won't be able to book discounted hotels until June 24th (ish) when you get your Hub ID. If your arriving earlier than your start date you'll have to pay full price for your hotel :-s

15. gevernon

gevernon New Member

No im arriving on 20th, so if I go on the hub on 24th, whats the chances of there being anything left with a good discount? We have been to Florida 3 times but never got the chance to stay in a Disney hotel....would be great if I could get them in!
    Do u know if the school kids have broken up by then in America? x

16. gevernon

gevernon New Member

Looking at booking flights 12th-19th July... x

17. Tink**

Tink** New Member

Do u know if the school kids have broken up by then in America? x
    Summer vacation for schools start end of June.

As for booking a hotel- I did this and stayed at Caribbean Beach resort (highly recommended!!!!!!) If you want the cheapest ones, you can stay at any of the All Star resorts or Pop Century. These have to be booked a month in advance- they won't let you book it if it is longer than this. The Hub will only allow you to book it at the 30 day-prior-to mark.
    Don't worry about things running out, even during the summer all the resorts are not full to capacity every single day.

Hotel discounts are 50% off if you are staying at the hotel with your family and 40% if youre not... but really there is no way of telling if you are there or not and no, they don't check. You DO need to be the one to check in though, as it will be under your name. You have to pay a small initial deposit, but you can pay the balance when you check in, so don't worry about not having enough money to book it. I think mine was only like 100 dollars.

ALSO quick tip- if your family wants the DDP (disney dining plan) YOU HAVE TO BOOK THIS WHEN YOU BOOK THE HOTEL! Sooooo many people I talked to ended up thinking they just booked it when they signed in, and this is a big no-no because you cannot book the DDP once you have booked the hotel (as it is all part of one package).

18. jdavies

jdavies New Member

arghhhh my family are coming out on the 18th ish of july and i get there the 20th june. is it only value resorts where u have to book 30 days in advance? i rung yummy jobs about this and they didnt say anything about booking it 30 days in advance.

i just cant wait now but really worrying about one of my exams and if i fail it i cant go because the resits are in summer. anyone else worrying about this if you had exams in jan? :/

19. lozamungo

lozamungo New Member

Oh god yeah I know how you feel! I'm working out there for Work Based Learning (6 weeks work for a module at uni) but am continuing afterwards, so I need to write 2 essays whilst out there (and pass them!!) and if I fail any exams or work or whatever I have to come back in Aug and I was hoping to travel in Aug... it's really scary!!!! arghhh!!! xx

20. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Yummy Jobs is a hiring company. Once you're in FL and working for Disney, they're done dealing with you. Yummy Jobs wouldn't know anything about the HUB.