disney dress code.

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Pommyy, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Pommyy

Pommyy New Member

so I hear they're pretty strict with what you can where when it comes to the interview and the training classes. (traditions? not sure what that is yet)

Anyway, what type of clothes and shoes is acceptable for females to wear?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe you could show pictures to of what you wore?

thankssss ;D

2. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

This is from the common questions section of the site and explains it quite well.

Is Disney strict about their dress policy (such as 'professional attire')?
    Yes, in fact many people have been asked to change their clothes and had to buy new ones if they do not dress within the guidelines specified in the Disney Look book. Professional Attire is only required for the first few days, unless you plan on attending any College Program Seminars. Professional Attire is defined in the book, but is usually a shirt, tie, dress trousers, and black leather shoes for men. Women usually wear a suit, or a blouse and skirt, or a similar smart outfit - but tights and dress shoes are required. There is some flexibility with this, but things like jeans, sneakers, and t-shirts are never accepted. See the Packing Checklist for more ideas of what to bring

Basically for females a blouse and skirt/suit trousers with smart shoes. You don't necessarily have to have a jacket, though check the exact specifications given to you to make sure. Don't have any pictures.
    Similarly for men wear a shirt, suit trousers and smart shoes, nearly everyone wore a tie.

This is just for the initial traditions session and park tour (2-3 days). You'll then get your costume and wear that for the rest of your training and during work. Your costume may require smart shoes and be smart anyway, depends on your role and location.

3. If you are wearing a skirt you also have to wear tights as well and they didn't really like the strap on my shoes. I had to wear black socks so that it wasn't as obvious (good thing I was wearing trousers really).
    You should receive the Disney Look Book which will have all the rules about appearance within it.

4. pam24

pam24 New Member

I had no idea we were supposed to wear "professional attire" to the training classes. :S
    So, am i supposed to arrive on the first day dressed like that as well? :S

5. Pommyy

Pommyy New Member

I think it's casual wear on the first couple of days.
    But once you start traditions you have to wear 'professional attire'

And then after that you just wear your work clothes :)

Correct me if I'm wrong though!

6. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

And for any performers reading - we're technically in professional look for the entire FIVE days of training! The first two days you will spend a lot of time in it then the other 3 you will spend most of the time in basics so not much of an issue. But bring enough - you will be sweaty after each day. Although our trainers weren't too strict about it but to be on the safe side, technically that's what you're supposed to turn up in.