Disney Cuts College Program and Career Start Program contracts

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by aj2721, Feb 2, 2009.

1. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

Just saw this on Screamscape.com

Disney - (2/2/09) According to a Screamscape source Walt Disney World has begin some trimming of their labor force, starting with the Disney College Program / Career Start Program. Disney has begin to contact a good number of individuals who were scheduled to start working at WDW on February 11th and informed them that their offer of employment is being withdrawn due to current staffing needs. The upside is that they are offering them new contracts to come down and work on either May 20th or August 26th instead.

While its not ICP's at the moment, its showing the reduced staffing levels at the Resort. CP's are generally considered good by WDW, they get the lowest pay, work hard and have no choice in shift so get put in the evening/late night slots - look around at the age range of most MK CM's after 9pm.

2. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

yup I've been watching a Vlog made by a Disney CP who was supposed to start on Feb 11th but got set back to May 20th, but he was told it was to do with them completely over-staffing the spring college program.

I'm fully prepared to be working the shifts no-one else wants...it makes sense for Disney to give priority to their full timers. We're there for an amazing experience with some amazing perks, and working hard comes as part of that package. I personally can't wait. While I was at camp I was working all day every day, and it was the best thing I've ever done, so I think I can handle working late shifts in Walt Disney World!!!

3. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Sounds quite bad, but as long as they dont withdraw us, that would cause disaster!

4. ally_mclee

ally_mclee New Member

The same had happened to me...but it was to start in January! They offered me the ICP instead, which I accepted.

5. jingjo

jingjo New Member

oh my gosh i'm worried now. I'm going there in a month and I seriously hope they let me go

6. Audrey II

Audrey II New Member

eeep that isn't good at all. I hope all of you get to go! In a way it validates a bit as to part of the reason i didn't get in.

I am crossng my fingers for you guys!

7. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I dont think that they would do it to those on the ICP cause that is a set period that cannot really be ordered, and they had already limited their numbers for it. So it should be ok! Fingers crossed! ;D ;D

8. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

they've cut the second set of interviews for the UK ICPs for this summer :(

9. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

thats a shame! I guess theres always next year for those who were invloved in the 2nd round though!

I agree with Leom,hope they don't change ours or anything,but as you said, they had limited roles anyway, and especially if they've stopped the 2nd round, we should be ok!!

10. Audrey II

Audrey II New Member

Sorry to hear they have stopped teh second set of interviews. Its not nice not to get in, I didnt but like poeple have said there are other programmes and other years.

Its the fault of Disney and Yummy jobs not looking at the dates this year for uni, a lot of uni's finish late.