Customs - concerning alcohol...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MyLittlePony, May 2, 2005.

1. MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony New Member

Anybody know ( an American perhaps) how much alcohol you're allowed to bring into the States from Europe? What the rules/regulations are for that? I've tried to look it up on the internet, but they are just referring to some pamphlet you can get at US airports, not very helpful...

2. Jimbobdaga

Jimbobdaga Member

3. Jjsweet1402

Jjsweet1402 New Member

spirit wise you are only allowed to take 1 litre and i think its the same for beer and wine!! but no matter what u can only take it if you are over 21, which sucks for all those under :(

4. MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony New Member

Thanks guys.
    I'm both a US citizen and overage, so that's not a problem. I think I'll be bringing some Norwegian liqour, as its hard to get a hold of in the US. And 1 litre is enough, definitely. I'll just go by Walgreens in case I need anything the first night, hehe...

5. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

does anyone know much much alcohol you're allowed to bring from america to the UK?

:)

6. Jjsweet1402

Jjsweet1402 New Member

i think thats the same to, pack it in your case then buy some more at the airport, which gets taken to the plane for you so in theory u haven't really brough that in the us as the duty free shop is covered by US law, but i'd still double cheak it

jenine