Credit cards SOS

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by bussey17, May 16, 2005.

1. bussey17

bussey17 New Member

Hi can anyone tell me what I should do with my credit card! can you change address and have them post your bills to you in Florida and you pay in dollars? its so confusing because I still owe money on mine and will need to use it other there but can only pay by my statements! Help

2. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

i am exactly the same - so any help would be good please guys ;D

3. RichardGandy

RichardGandy New Member

Its highly unlikely that you will be able to transfer the address to the US because normally the terms and conditions of credit cards require them to be registered to an address in the country they were issued. You should set up a standing order so the credit card company can take the required payment each month automatically.

Also you will not know your full apartment address until you arrive and are assigned to an apartment.

Rich

4. SaraC

SaraC New Member

yeah standing order is the best thing to do mark

i've just got myself a cred card *one from nationwide cos u dont pay international % on purchases* lucky for me my parents r gona pay it off for me while im away cos its just as an emergency and to pay my flight etc

xxx

5. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

my mum and dad told me not to get one - i didnt listen maxed it out and now they jus laughwhen the no i have to pay the bills - one of those i told u so situations ;D

6. SaraC

SaraC New Member

haha kel

well ive always had my student debit account with HSBC where my wages go and interest free overdraft but using it in states get a 2.5% charge for using it with the conversion from $ to £. so thats when i saw this nationwide one i almost snapped their fingers off, my parents more or less made me get it lol

xxx

7. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

for some reason nationwide absolutly hate me - they wont even let me open an account - no one in my family is with them and i earn enough each month to have one dont hav a bad credit thing or anything nationawide jus dont like me lil dont no why? ???

8. SaraC

SaraC New Member

thats very strange hun, hmmmf im stumped with that one

xxx

9. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

well i dont care cos Natwest like me - that does for me ;D

10. SaraC

SaraC New Member

lol onlycompany ever turned me down for a card is capital one for some reason

i wanted a card with smarties on LOL

xxx

11. Liz

Liz New Member

Yeah i don't get that either Kelly. That's interesting about that Nationwide one Sara i've got a Barclaycard at the moment but think i'll go and get one of those! Not sure how much it is on Barclaycard will have to investigate!

Liz xxx

12. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

see now capital 1 wont leave me alone - i get a letter every other wek asking if ive changed my mind and am i surei dont want a card with them! ;D

13. SaraC

SaraC New Member

lol kel thats the funny thing... they contacted me about it, so i sent off. and then wouldnt let me have one.. yet i still get pestered silly ppl

yeah liz they r good, it has all the details on www.nationwide.com u can apply online as well. i think everywhere has a bog standard 2.5% charge if im correct

xxx

14. Liz

Liz New Member

yeah they wont leave me alone either i dont think they realise im not 21 yet!

Liz xxx

15. Liz

Liz New Member

thanx Sara i'll go on the site and apply now! ;D

16. SaraC

SaraC New Member

hehe yeah same with me liz, silly ppl ey

xxx

17. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

losers lol ;D

18. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

oo goodie...thanx for the site....ill take a look also..

xxx ;D ;D

19. SaraC

SaraC New Member

its www.nationwide.co.uk

sorry guys lol. but yeah i mean i applied for mine about a month ago and my card and pin came last week :D but u can apply online i did mine via post

xxx

20. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

dont think ill bother with that lol - i already no the answer lol ;D