Computers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KT, Mar 29, 2006.

1. KT

KT New Member

Sorry i know its another message about computers.

But i was wondering if there are any computers for general use, either at the apartments or at Disney University. It doesn't look as though i will be bringing a laptop, so wondered if there are any computers that are for general use, until i can get a laptop of my own when i over there?

2. Katie_M

Katie_M New Member

This is what the FAQ page says:

The nearest PC access would be in any of the Centers of Excellence. They are located in Cast areas all over property. There is one in Epcot, one in the Magic Kingdom Utilidors, one in Disney University, and so on. They provide free use of the PCs, lots of software, and internet access. If you want easier net access buy a WebTV unit. It plugs into your TV and phone line and allows you to access the net and email 24-7. It costs about $100 at Best Buy and about $20 a month for access - but it is well worth it.

3. KT

KT New Member

Cool, Thanks for that :)

4. Ona

Ona Member

There are also computer labs in the commons and vista (not sure about chatham :-\ but I'd assume so). I never used the one is vista but the lab in the commons has about 5 computers and was baaaadly needing upgraded. The computers were painfully slow.

Forget web tv. Again, so slow. Now that internet acess is free in apts. it'd be cheaper to buy a cheapo pc!

Ona x