Complimentary Tickets Swapping - Summer '11

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Aisling, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Aisling

Aisling New Member

I assume you all know that Disney staff get complimentary passes for friends to Disney parks.
    Well, I'll probably be working in Universal Studios next summer and they do the same thing (free tickets into Universal Studios).
    I was wondering if anyone is interested in meeting up in the second half of June to swap tickets?
    I know two other people doing the same program and I'd say they'd both be interested in doing the same, so we can swap with the first three Disney employees (that'll be in Orlando for late June and have their tickets by then) that reply or IM me!

2. marmalade262

marmalade262 New Member

hey, i'll be there and that sounds great :) Would it be like a one day ticket thing? cos i know we are limited as to how many times we can let people in?

3. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

your mixing things up a little - at disney, if your a cast member, you can take people into the 4 main theme parks for free BUT these ARE NOT actual physical tickets! you take people in to the parks with you, through the main turnstiles using your own disney ID card to prove that you are a cast member......
    At disney, you may be sent out "complimentary passes" (usually issued over the christmas holidays) these are tickets and can be used at ANY disney theme park world wide and are usually vaild for at least 2 years from date of issue, so you can keep them and go to disney paris, HK, california after you leave your program..

so, yes you may have passes like these to swap but then again you may not, just depends when (if) they are issued and when you receive them, not likely to be june tho...... (you have to pass your 90 day probation at disney before you are issued your main gate pass (this is the official disney ID that lets you take guests into the park for free)

4. jameshamuk

jameshamuk New Member

incorrect. at the turnstiles it PRINTS out actual park hopper tickets for the day, you can get up to three, you get actual tickets and you can use them at all 4 theme parks for the day.

5. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

yes i know, what i meant was you have to actually take your guests to the turnstile, present your own disney ID and then you get the print off park hopper - i think some people have this idea that you work at disney and get given a bag full of "free" theme park tickets to dish out to anyone you want at anytime, which isnt the case!

6. jameshamuk

jameshamuk New Member

your incorrect again. the 90 day probationary period does not apply to ICP's. this means you get your main gate when you arrive and the normal probationary policies regarding your record card does not apply.

i did the program this year, and this is how it works

7. jameshamuk

jameshamuk New Member

yeah this is right, you only get comp tickets as full time/part time/seasonal workers, not CPs/ICPs/College reps, if ive been told correctly.

8. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

fair enough, didnt realise there wasnt a probation period for ICP's.... whatever! ::)

9. jameshamuk

jameshamuk New Member

its okay :)

the regulations and stuff are a bit silly and extensive aren't they.

you did the crp right?

10. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

yeah i guess, altho from a CRP point of view they are really generous and give you a decent amount of pass outs to get friends and family into the parks in addition to the complimentary passes we got over the xmas holidays.... not a bad deal really. yes, i was on the CRP a few years back.

11. beccathemouse

beccathemouse New Member

how come you went for universal and not Disney aisling (if you don't mind me asking? :) )

xxxxxx

12. Aisling

Aisling New Member

Ok well i'm sure there's a way of doing it, as it was suggested at our presentations, which I'm sure means Disney are ok with it, because I don't think US would recommend doing so, when Disney don't allow it!

13. Aisling

Aisling New Member

I went for both. I didn't even get through to the phone interviews with Disney.
    I think I'd prefer Universal though. I love that feeling everyone gets walking down Main St U.S.A, and I think if I worked in Disney, that feeling would go away after awhile and the magic would be gone

14. beccathemouse

beccathemouse New Member

Ah well fair enough! :)

I bet you'll have an amazing time at Universal!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

15. Aisling

Aisling New Member

If I get in
    I'll be working in Wizarding World if I get it.. YEAY :)
    Good luck getting into Disney :)

16. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

I was chatting to a guy at universal about their progrmme - he said it was okay but he was thinking of trying for the disney crp once he finished uni as he thought disney cm's got a better deal out fo it.

shame universal dont offer a q1 visa for uk people to work at wizarding world afterall its uk based so they should def have us brits working there as opposed to americans :D

am tempted to go back to uni just to try it :D

17. Universal must have been offering some kind of year programme (or had been) because i talked to people from leeds and shefield who were there for a year when i was at wwohp in the summer but for some reason they weren't keen at all when people were mentioning it at the Universal day! It seemed odd because i think there desperate for english people for wwohp so i wonder if it's because there still testing the waters or something?
    They should get a programme going though i think loads of people would love to do the year one at wwohp!

18. Aisling

Aisling New Member

Aimee, I think that's what we're there for.. They're definitely putting us there cause they're looking for UK accents.. I don't think they banked on any Irish being there.. Sherri seemed a bit shocked when I told her I traveled from Ireland. There probably is a q1, considering how hard it was for us to find info..
    Kerry had something about another program on her presentation. She skipped through it because it didn't apply to us..

There's also a 11-12 month j-1 program for students studying hospitality

19. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

I asked about if they offered a similar programme to the crp at universal but they didnt at that time - it was in 2008 so before the wwohp opened :)