CM Footwear

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by disneykanadian, Apr 13, 2009.

1. disneykanadian

disneykanadian New Member

Hi all,

I will be purchasing formal (but comfortable) shoes next week for the Traditions/ orientation sessions. I would be very happy if these shoes could also be usable at work (Attractions), so I wouldn't have to buy another pair. So do you think black leather shoes are a safe bet? Will they match most Attractions costumes? How strict are managers? Do you have a better idea (color/style) for shoes that could be used for Traditions AND at work? I won't know for sure till I"m there, but I'd like to get as close as possible :)
    Thanks for the help!

2. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

It does depend on which attraction you will be working at, so I guess you won't know for sure until you get there. I think the majority of costumes require black shoes. When I was there, 5 out of the 6 of us in our apartment wore black shoes, the only exception our friend who worked at the Kilimanjaro Safari and he needed brown boots. It is a safe bet that the shoes that you buy will be OK for you to use for Traditions and as part of your costume as well. Black leather shoes would work perfectly since they are solid colored, polishable and they need to be close-toed. If your costume does end up needing a different pair of shoes, they will probably require something that you wouldn't have been able to wear to Traditions anyways.

Hope this helps!

3. KarinLee

KarinLee New Member

Hi there,

On Disney's College Program website they say the following about CM shoes:

"College Program participants are advised against purchasing footwear prior to their arrival.
    A College Program participant will receive the specific color/style footwear information required for their costume from their location trainer shortly after they arrive. "

LINK TO WEBSITE: http://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com/sap/its/mimes/zh_wdwcp/disneylook/females_cost.html

4. disneykanadian

disneykanadian New Member

Thanks for the link, I have read that info so I know I can't be 100% sure till training day. I just have noticed many CMs wear black shoes, and I have to buy shoes for Traditions anyways, so I'm hoping to luck out and not have to buy another pair over there... I probably won't even have space in my suitcase to bring it back if I do lol

5. KarinLee

KarinLee New Member

Yeah, I understand.... thanks for the message today!

PS. Do you know if we can wear running shoes at Traditions?

6. No you can't really unless they are black and look smart. Most cm's end up wearing trainers during work unless your role requires otherwise (eg brown boots) as you are on your feet for a long time (like some people honestly get 13-16hr shifts during which you are on your feet for most).

7. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

You'd think they'd provide shoes in a way,so everyone looks the same.
    So for traditions its just black shoes, what kinda clothes do we have to wear then, formal wear or?
    Any ideas what kinda shoes most merch people wear?( i know it will vary from shop etc)

8. vik

vik New Member

for traditions your shows just have to be smart. that is to say that they shouldnt be like sandals or have bright patterns on them, but they dont necessarilly have to be black, its just that people generally associate black with smart! as long as they compliment your outfit and arent muddy or too informal i think its ok, i saw someone with silver ballet pumps at my traditions if that helps!
    as for merch i would say that plain black trainers are fine generally, but you cant really know until you're there. a lot of merch involves wearing a long skirt if you're a girl so you dont have to worry about it to much!