Choosing Roommates?

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Jessybee, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Jessybee

Jessybee New Member

Hi :)
    I'm thinking about doing the ICP myself and I was just wondering if you are able to choose your roommate.. I guess it's not that big of a deal but my friend and I are thinking about going together and yeah.

2. shaunamufc7

shaunamufc7 Member

Hiya,
    They say that you cant choose who you stay with as the allocation is done before you arrive. Although I have heard of people asking once they arrive in Orlando. Sometimes they grant it but they say the program is there for you meet people from all over the world.

Hope this helps
    Good luck with your application if you choose to apply :)

3. Jessybee

Jessybee New Member

Oh really? Do you know if it's different for New Zealanders and Australians? I just keep hearing different things, it's quite confusing.
    But if not then that's cool too :)
    I bet you're right though, they seem pretty keen to make you live with different people. I'm sure it would be a very interesting experience haha

Oh an thank you! I think I am going to need a whole lot of luck :D

4. DisneySpike

DisneySpike New Member

I know this year a few (4) canadians asked to be roomed together (ahead of time) and got it... so if you both get accepted then ask. But honestly as long as your in the same complext your fine it's nice to meet new people.

5. Jessybee

Jessybee New Member

Oh cool :)
    Thanks so much! hah Yeah, even the same complex would be awesome.. Heck I'll just be happy to be in Florida! ;D