Check-in Day

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by jhurtado90, Aug 5, 2011.

1. jhurtado90

jhurtado90 New Member

Hello everybody, just wanna make a quick question... what comes after we check in, I mean, are we guided to our apartments and introduced to roomies or what? Do we also get to go to Walmart that day? At what time does the check in starts, I'd like to be there the earliest possible :)

Thanks a lot, greets from Costa Rica... see ya there!

2. Alex88

Alex88 Member

Hi Juan,

When you check in you'll be expected at the pavilion at Vista Way, there they will probably let you mingle with other new arriving colleagues until enough people have arrived for the welcome session. There they will give you an envelope containing all the information you need & your agenda for the following days. You also receive an apple, some sweets and a bottle of water :) They will tell you at which complex/apt you are staying and give you your apt. key. That's it! If you are living at Vista you are on your own now to find your Apt (it might be an empty one so you'd be the first, or you might be entering an already occupied apartment) and start unpacking, there is nothing planned for the rest of the day so after you unpack you can take a busride to Walmart if you want to. Next days are lot's of presentations, paperwork etc. I believe you can check in whenever you arrive on your arrival day. But i wouldn't try it before 8/9 am.

3. jhurtado90

jhurtado90 New Member

Awesome Alex, thank you so much for the information!

4. DisneySpike

DisneySpike New Member

On my arrival day we were shown a short video while they got our packages and bags ready. Then we were given out apt assignment and they drove you to patterson/chatham or to the specific vista apartment. there you can meet roomies (if you have any yet) and then the day is yours hop on the H bus to wal-mart (bring a suitcase to carry stuff) and you can get all you need there. I'd check the donation centre (the one at vista is a big white trailer by the security gate) for bedding and such you'll need to wash it but it could save you some money.

5. jhurtado90

jhurtado90 New Member

Great advice, thanks DisneySpike... so no welcome party that night? :(

6. Onaylilla

Onaylilla New Member

Can you go out of your country 1 or 2 days earlier the check in day? or it has to be the same day?. Because It's cheapier entering the country from Miami than Orlando directly (for me) I have a house to stay the night.

7. As far as I know you can enter the country a few days before, but you can't move into your allocated apartment in Disney. So if you flew in a few days before you would need to find somewhere to live/stay for those days. If the flight that leaves a few days earlier is quite a bit cheaper than it might be worth it. If after paying for a hotel etc it might not be worth it. So add up the costs etc and see which one is cheaper :)

8. cammysan

cammysan New Member

it also depends on your visa as well. I know with the AU/(NZ?) people we can stay in USA for 30 more days outside the program, and travel and what not, but it's not compulsory, when you apply for the visa, you should ask the processor how long you can be in the country and no work, i.e. holiday for..