Character Performer - ICP 2010

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by StevenC, Dec 2, 2009.

1. StevenC

StevenC New Member

2. Andy0228

Andy0228 New Member

Re: Character Performer - June 1st 2010

June 20th character performing is where it's at :)

3. ToddyBee

ToddyBee New Member

soooo excited for u!! hehe

character is the best/easiest role ever, hope u get thru the audition hehe

xxx

4. Laura Jane

Laura Jane New Member

Character performer May 25th =] 'Citeddd xx

5. mogs

mogs New Member

=)
    Im one too. june 20th

what sort of audition do we have to do?

6. mogs

mogs New Member

Oh and does anyone know what the hours are like to work? and generally what time you finish and things?
    cheers

7. ToddyBee

ToddyBee New Member

The audition when I was there was a simple dance sequence to a techno version of Its a Small World LOL! It was very basic steps...jazz squares...everyone loves a good jazz square! Waving arms etc...but u will then go through to an ANIMATION part, where you have to come up with a sequence based on a scenario they give you...mine was "YOU R LATE FOR WORK!" they go through what is expected and give u ideas, basically u have to use ure WHOLE body to animate any action like eating, opening doors, washing etc...they do basically tell you HOW to pass the final audition infront of the judges...

the final audition stage is infront of a panel, where u go in with like 5 other people,do ure routine and SMILE afterwards for an awkward 10 seconds, this is purely to look at the other people who are auditioning to see if they are suited for face characters (princesses etc)

if ure successful hours vary depending on location and sets,

I was eeyore in 2008, my longest day was 10 hours, 10am - 8pm a total of 9 sets...5 20 minute sets...lunch...then 4 20 minute sets...this was based in Animal Kingdom...Also i was lucky enough to do Open Show as Geppetto in Magic Kingdom and that was i think 6 20 minute sets in Town Square...but that was from 7am - 2pm.

Dining is different, you are on a set route through a restaurant, I was at Crystal Palace where all the 100 acre wood characters are, and there it depended on what team u were in, I did a few shifts that lasted 12pm-11pm and i did like 6 40minute sets, its longer cos ure inside and its ridiculously air conditioned...

good thing is that ure on for 20 mins on outside locations and the off set for 40 mins to rehydrate and get changed into fresh "basics"

before every shift u need to go "pull" ure outifts and do warm ups for about 15 mins, these are not optional warm ups u HAVE to do them or u get points on ure record card...this all seems daunting and long hours but its EASY and u get it all explained in full during ure 5 days of training!!! Its the best job you can do there i think!!

Hours seem long but it allowed me to have 2 or sumtimes 3 days off a week, but it depends if u wanna enjoy time off or like some ppl i knew they just worked and picked up shifts cos they loved the job so much!! Also a handy tip is to see what character you can be fitted for so u know for definate which characters you can be approved or disapproved in so u can pick up shifts! I got fitted for Buzz Lightyear to pick up more shifts in Hollywood Studios but i didnt fit in it right so got DISAPPROVED, i was gutted but glad as the outift is SOOOO HEAVY!!!

Hope i've helped u with a little insight into what u can expect!!! hehe xx

8. mogs

mogs New Member

Wow that's a massive help, thanks a lot :)
    Lol thinking about the audition is making me a bit nervous. I don't have a lot of acting experience, and my dance is varied and more hip hop. But I guess it will be fun and a new experience.
    cheers again.
    =]

9. vik

vik New Member

dining sucked! i was at the garden grill at epcot, hanging out with dale and you know how they like to make things complicated at disney? by making a revolving flippin restaurant so you cant find the door to go off set haha! that was one interesting shift!
    (so jealous of you newbies btw!)

10. ToddyBee

ToddyBee New Member

haha yeah i was rubbish at dining, especially wen kids and adults bully u to try and come to ure table and there is NO attendant in sight so ure just stranded struggling to communicate non verbally to 3 year olds tugging at ure tail! haha! But i survived! haha! Crystal Palace's rotation was HUGE though, i almost never did a whole side in one rotation haha, i was sloooow! haha! x

11. Laura Jane

Laura Jane New Member

Ahh thanks for all the info! Didn't really know what happened for the audition and such.. I've got next to no dancing or acting experience, so hopefully i won't epically fail. Haha! The hours don't sound too bad, at least you get lots of breaks, eh? And you get a chance to work at all the parks, yeahh? That's pretty cool! xx