cast roles

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by littlegreeen, Oct 15, 2009.

1. littlegreeen

littlegreeen New Member

hi i'm caroline from glasgow!
    i have my phone interview on monday and i was wondering if u need 2 know by then what role you want to do?

i change my mind like every 10 mins and dont think i'm ready to make the desicision yet!

another cast roles question just to maybe help me decide . . .
    the role of 'character performer' what does that actually mean?
    is it only full costume characters? or could i actually spend my summer dressed up as a disney princess????

thanks

caroline :-*

2. ariella

ariella New Member

Hey Caroline,

Congrats on having a phone interview :). You don't need to know what role you would want for the phone interview. When you get a face to face, they will give you a list of roles available and then you select the ones you want in order from number one choice to last choice.

Character performer involves being a fur character, like Mickey or Goofy. The Disney rule tends to be fur before face so the chances of being a princess for the summer are slim. I know a few of us wanted to audition to be princesses during the program and got told with our visa, we would have to go back to Canada at the end of the program and then fly to Orlando to audition. Good luck with your interview on Monday :).

3. littlegreeen

littlegreeen New Member

thank you!

i dont think i could cope in a fur suit in the florida heat tbh!
    but thats gd that i have a wee while before i have 2 decide!

i gather from ur picture and name that we possibly share the same favourite disney character :p

have u applied for the icp summer program this year too?

4. ariella

ariella New Member

No prob :)

Ya, you have a while to figure out what you'd like to do. And really think about what you put down as your preference because I put Custodial as my last choice figuring there was no way I'd get that since it was like #8 on the list and sure enough thats the role I got! It was fun though because you got to walk around a lot and interact with a bunch of different people (and get quite a nice tan!). I honestly think its totally random how they pick your roles since I have a lot of retail experience and thought for sure I'd get put in Merch.

Yep, Ariel is one of my favourite characters and my name is really Ariella :). One lady this summer actually asked me if Disney renamed me when I got there haha.

Yep, I've reapplied for this summer! I had so much fun on the program, I really want to go back. Made it to the face 2 face so fingers crossed! If you have any questions about the phone interview just let me know. I was such a nervous wreck for mine the first time around but its just a really fun short chat.

5. littlegreeen

littlegreeen New Member

thanks thats really sweet of u!

i really dont think i would like custodial, would probably burn instead of tan lol!
    what role r u hoping for this time?
    omg what an amazin name!
    when i was on holiday a couple of summers ago i met a girl called ariel and her mum was called ursula i thought that was the strangest thing ever :p

6. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

I LOVED custodial, but to each their own. I'm hoping for attractions or merch this time around.

7. littlegreeen

littlegreeen New Member

loved?? thats a big world lol, what did you like about it?

8. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

The freedom. And the guest interaction. You easily talk to/engage with ten times more guests than any other role. I walked around, and as long as I was in my area, pretty much had free range. I really liked being able to talk to the guests and get to know them and take care of them. If they were lost I could literally walk them right to where they were going. Also, in an 8 hour shift, I got to watch the HSM show 6 times and parade too! It was fun to sing and dance and just hang out with the guests. Killer tan, lightweight costume, and open break times.
    I guess the only negatives would be PROTEIN SPILLS (Disney's nice word for vomit) but you get over it really quick and it stops being a big deal (and I went down with a hugeeeee gag reflex). And washroom shifts aren't that bad because it's a relieve from the heat!

9. Sofi

Sofi Guest

sorry whats custodial? and btw when uve applied how long do they usually take to respond to your application? x

10. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Custodial is called Showkeeping! You clean. Basically like a janitor.

11. Sofi

Sofi Guest

oooh eek =s