Cars bought in florida.

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by ricky, Sep 18, 2004.

1. ricky

ricky New Member

Hey this is Ricky from Canada. i was wondering if anyone that is there now bought a car when they were down there. and if they could regester it in there name with the disney residence address?

so tell me what you know see ya

Ricky.

2. RCP

RCP New Member

Yes u can buy a car over there and get license and plates and registration with your Q1 visa papers...they will give u the license valid till the expiration day of your visa and residence papers.. so don't worry no problem!

RUBEN

3. james_wales

james_wales New Member

If i get accepted i will be over from the UK.
    Is it feasable to buy a car over there for a year?
    J.

4. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

Hell yeah. You can buy cheap cars everywhere here, and then just sell it...or blow it up...drive it off a cliff...whatever you want before you go. :D

5. Rudy

Rudy New Member

there's no point

you can hire so easily and cheaply! and there's buses everywhere else.

i remember 1 italian guy who sold his car in a raffle, everyone bought a $7 ticket and the one he pulled out of the bag, won the car! ;D

6. Robert

Robert New Member

haha that is so cool :D

7. james_wales

james_wales New Member

Hey

Give us a rough guide on costs:

.Car
    .Insurance
    .Tax

J. ;)

8. pax

pax New Member

OK, THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT THE COST COULD BE,
    I BOUGHT A CAR FOR $700 USD, PAID THE DRIVER LICENSE AND INSURANCE AND I DID NOT SPEND MORE THAN $1500 USD FOR ALL

OF COURSE YOU CAN BUY A CAR FOR $2000 BUT THE COMMONS CARS ARE CHEAPER SO WHEN YOU ARRIVE ASK AROUND IF SOMEONE THAT IS LEAVING IS SELLING BEFORE YOU BUY, AND YOU CAN ASK FRIEND IF YOU SEE THAT CAR BROKE DOWN OR SOMETHING, ´CAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW,

I DIDN´T HAVE ANY PROBLEM WITH MY $700 DOLLAR CAR, BUT A MONTH AFTER I RETURN I HEARD THAT IT WAS USELESS, SO YOU TAKE THE RISK, IF YOU BUY WITH A DEALER YOU WON´T HAVE THAT KIND OF PROBLEM...

HOPE IT HEPLS...
    TAKE CARE

PAX

9. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

holy caps batman!

heres another example. Im going to buy a ..Ferarri 355 for about $70,000 when i get there. Now my insurance on that for the year is going to be approx $4200 US. Or I can drive it back to Canada and insure it here for about half of that, and in Canadian funds to boot...so I guess a third of that.

And instead of selling it when I leave I plan on taking out a personal insurance plan on it on top of the regular insurance, and driving it into the ocean...I will hopefully make enough money off of writting off the car, and sueing the state of Florida for bad roads to buy myself an Aston Martin Vanquish.

Hope that helps!

10. Quark

Quark New Member

Sounds like a plan :)

Actually, I didn't REALLY miss a car. I could have done some other things with it, but I didn't miss it as such. The busses suck, though, more badly all the time you're there.
    I chose to spend my money on other things, and I didn't have that much all the time. Think about if you're food or merch/attractions and about how money you will have. And buy something that doesn't fall apart after a few miles - happened all the time. Pay a wee bit more - not too much of course, but if you buy a Commons car, buy something where other people say it's running quite well. That's no guarantee at all, but it's at least an indication. And with those really cheap cars, you WILL have some expensive repairs to do - count that in.

11. frazdog

frazdog New Member

if i get the job which fingers crossed i will. a car will be my first purchase, i cant live with out one,especially driving fast. a mitsubishi eclipse drop top would be nice 2 litre turbo.
    we will c ;D

12. cmaxdu62220

cmaxdu62220 New Member

Me i will rent a car coz i think that expensive to buy a car and pay an insurrance, and after before leaving orlando, we must sold the car, it's too difficult, and if i go in nyc i will take plane, not very expensive less expeensive than plane in france!!

13. snow.white87

snow.white87 New Member

I'll just mooch rides off people... hehehehe

Ive also heard that the transit in Orlando is getting alot better.

14. topofox

topofox New Member

Hi!
    Thanks for the help, i'm also interested in buy a car.
    Ruben, if you bought a car maybe you can share us your experience. Or someone else, pliz.

Medardo

15. tEresa

tEresa New Member

hi everyone... ! im not leaving until june 13th, but also my first thing to buy is a car !!!!! so, if anyone is interested in sharing a car with me and Ana, another girl, feel welcome...

i´m a merch... at mexican pavilion, 23yo, from Mazatlan, Mexico.. and looking for a car just the day i arrive.. we need a car for our trips right? hahaha.. see ya..

Medardo.. get me a car as soon as u get there ok!!!! love ya kiddo.. TERESA

16. topofox

topofox New Member

I will do as much as I can Teresa, don't worry, but first let me get something cheaper for me, hahahahahaha

Medardo