Canadians applying for ICP Summer 2011

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by kaity788, Nov 25, 2010.

1. kaity788

kaity788 New Member

I know there are a couple posts for Canadians doing the CRP next year but I couldn't find anything on the Summer 2011 ICP...Any Canadians doing it? I applied November 17th and I'm anxiously waiting to see if I got a phone interview ::)

2. Peever

Peever New Member

I think I saw someone else mention they were doing it, though id have to search for who it was again. Where bouts in Canada ya from?

3. disneymouse11

disneymouse11 New Member

Hey Kaity im doing the summer icp 2011!! I got the F2F interview and just waiting to hear when and were it is! GOOD LUCK i hope you get the phone interview!

4. kaity788

kaity788 New Member

Thanks disneymouse! how long after applying did you have the phone interview?? and I'm from Kelowna, BC what about you guys??

5. disneymouse11

disneymouse11 New Member

well i applied in October sometime and my phone interview was exactly 3 weeks after that i beleive so that goes pretty fast. Im From Georgetown Ontario

6. Cassielyn27

Cassielyn27 New Member

I applied for the ICP summer 2011 program and i'm from Canada as well!! London to be exact :) I got an email the day after I sent my application in asking for a phone interview. :) good luck!! so nervous :eek:

7. AT

AT New Member

Has the deadline to apply passed already for Canada?

8. Cassielyn27

Cassielyn27 New Member

I have no idea :S you should send your application in anyways it's worth a try :)

9. Kerbear

Kerbear New Member

I'm from Canada too yaaay! Ottawa's my hometown and is what will be on my name tag :) I've got an F2F, Kristen said they should be feb/march

10. Cassielyn27

Cassielyn27 New Member

nicee!! any tips for the phone interview?! haha, mine is tomorrow morning and suddenly i'm extremely nervous!! I'm from London, but currently living in Windsor for university! :)

11. kaity788

kaity788 New Member

Yay! I finally got an email from kristen today saying that after reviewing my resume they would like to consider me for the program. However they didn't give me a date for a phone interview :(, they just said that they will be contacting me within the next 2-3 weeks with more information about the next stage of the interview process and then gave me a list of stuff to get me excited such as where the final interviews will be, list of jobs available, pay rate, housing costs, program dates, etc..jeez louise all this waiting is going to kill me! Good luck on your phone interview tomorrow cassielyn let me know how it goes!

12. Cassielyn27

Cassielyn27 New Member

thank you!! that's what happened after i sent my resume in.. it took about 2 weeks before they emailed me with more information about the phone interview you should be getting an email with a date to choose and then a link to the yummyjobs site where you get to choose the time of your interview! hopefully your interview is soon and goes good!! :)

13. Cassielyn27

Cassielyn27 New Member

so i just got off the phone with Kristen.. i think the interview went good but as a lot of people have said it's hard to read what they're thinking!! she also caught me off guard as she called like 20 minutes early haha. fingers crossed i want this so bad!! :-X

14. kaity788

kaity788 New Member

Oh jeez! 20 minutes early!!?? I got the phone interview email today so I'm all booked for next Tuesday at 11:45 pst!! I don't have a landline and don't want to trust my cell for a call as important as this so I'm going over to a friends, guess I will go over extra early so I don't miss Kristen's call! How were the questions?? I have written down some that people have said in other posts have started thinking about how I am going to answer them and practicing with my mom...most I have ever prepared for any interview in my life haha so I totally understand about wanting this so bad!!

15. Cassielyn27

Cassielyn27 New Member

Yes haha i was caught off guard! the questions were pretty much what everyone has posted on here and i looked it up and prepared early like writing down what i wanted to say to those questions and what not but i found when i was actually in the interview i didn't have time to like look/read what i had written down prior so just kind of know your stuff i guess would be the best tip haha it didn't feel like an interview they definitely make you feel super comfortable! the waiting sucks :(

16. NickiPants

NickiPants New Member

Hey! I'm from Montreal and I'm just waiting on the F2F interviews in February/March! I hear that they're going to set up an email chain for us fellow Canadians?

17. christeen44

christeen44 New Member

Hey Nicki, Im from just outside Montreal and I also got F2F ! :) So exciting ! They said they would set up the email chain in the beginning of the new year !

18. Cassielyn27

Cassielyn27 New Member

how long after your phone interview did you guys get the email about the F2F interview ? i'm so nervous i hate waiting...my interview was last tuesday and she said i'd hear within 2 weeks if i made it on..she also said the face to face would be held in toronto in february/march

19. NickiPants

NickiPants New Member

To be honest, I don't really remember because I applied waaaay back in July. But I think it was about 2-3 weeks after my phone interview that she let me know about the F2F interview! Don't be nervous, if everything went well in the interview you have nothing to worry about! And Christeen that's awesome! Maybe I'll be seeing you at the interview in feb/march :)

20. jtaylor7

jtaylor7 New Member

hey there! i am from georgetown also, small world. i will also be at the f2f interviews in toronto. i have done the program before though so we might not be on the same day for interviews(last year alumni interviewed the day before)