CANADIAN ICPers

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by tinkithink, Nov 30, 2009.

1. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Hey everyone! I got my e-mail today inviting me through to the F2F, but it said they had no date picked yet and were trying to coordinate schedules with Disney. She said I wouldn't be told UNTIL January when the exact date/location of the F2F is/would be sooooo I'm assuming it has to be atleast two weeks after when we get told, so probably end of January is the earliest it could occur!

Anyone else going to the F2F? I figured I'd make a Canadian thread so we stop getting confused!

2. merfsko

merfsko New Member

Yep, I got that e-mail awhile ago. Since then I've received two e-mails that basically say the same thing- 'Keep on waiting!'

I believe one year they didn't have interview until March, so we could be waiting for quite awhile...

'Cause you know how much we all LOVE waiting ;)

3. michelle.e.

michelle.e. New Member

Yep! Definitely in the same boat as merfsko! I've received two emails since being invited to the F2F that basically say keep waiting! Eeeekk!! no more waiting! :mad: hahaha!!

4. mpeacocke

mpeacocke New Member

Hey! I've also gotten an email inviting me to the face-to-face! I haven't gotten any of the keep waiting emails though.

5. omgmeve

omgmeve New Member

I have my phone interview today! I hope they'll have a f2f date in Montreal because I really don't feel like flying all the way to Vancouver or something lol.

6. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

I'm hoping for Toronto, and I'm hoping they tell us ASAP because I have to book a knee surgery & it's currently scheduled for the end of January so I want to either have the surgery a month before the interview or the day after!!

7. DiannaPL

DiannaPL New Member

Hey all! I recently received the email from kristen for the f2f interviews!!!! sooo excited!!
    When I spoke to kristen she said that most likely the f2fs will be held end of february...and that montreal, toronto and vancouver would probably be the cities. but she also said nothings been finalized yet. sooo i guess we just have to keep waiting lol

8. omgmeve

omgmeve New Member

Yeah I just had my phone interview and Kristen said the interviews would take place in late February or early March and we'd know 4 weeks before the f2f.

9. dancing_supasta

dancing_supasta New Member

I have a F2F interview too. I wish they'd have them somewhere on the east coast. Montreal is a 12 hour drive for me

10. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Anyone have any news?

11. DiannaPL

DiannaPL New Member

No news yet...but reading about all the people who've made it is making me wish we had the f2fs right now!...sigh...

12. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Same! I hate that we have to wait so long. I heard though that they're doing CRP interviews for Canada again around the same time our ICP interviews are!

13. ariella

ariella New Member

Dancing_supasta: They have done interviews on the east coast before. Last year I asked Kristen about this since I was living out in Halifax and she said they had in the past. However, last year the interview cities were Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver. I don't know how they determine where to go, maybe it depends on how many applicants are from where?

And I agree this waiting is driving me nuts! I wish we could go an e-mail before the holidays with the interview dates and cities but I said that last year and we didn't hear anything until January lol!

14. DiannaPL

DiannaPL New Member

too funny most likely because CRP has more interest...kristen said that last year only 80 canadians made it through. so here's hoping we're part of those 80 ;) lol

if we're going to be waiting till feb or even march we should make a game or something to keep us distracted lol not that i have any ideas but it would be nice...maybe one of those get-to-know-you games orrrr name-that-disney-movie game! lol

15. omgmeve

omgmeve New Member

Currently we are still working with Walt Disney World to verify the exact locations and the time frames of when we will be holding the final interviews, however they will be held in early 2010. I will be contacting you in January with more information about the interview locations as well as cities we anticipate to interview in.

Once again, congratulations on reaching this stage of the recruitment process and I very much look forward to contacting you with more information in January 2010!

I just got this in an e-mail. SO excited!!!

16. AshleyDawn

AshleyDawn New Member

Haha, I got the same email on November 29th! Pretty sure they just recycle that one out a bit after the phone interview! I am desperately trying to avoid studying for finals... Christmas break is calling meee and I keep dreaming of a far off place where my nose doesn't freeze off during caff runs. A magical place called Florida <3 heee!

I know there may be a few of us from Guelph heading to the Toronto interviews together! I am assuming they'll have them there, since Toronto is.. well.. Toronto. Aha! I wonder if anyone else is planning on heading to Turrunah for the interviews in early 2010?

17. omgmeve

omgmeve New Member

If they don't have a date in Montreal, I'll have to go to Toronto but I don't think that's very likely lol.

18. daniii

daniii New Member

wait...only 80 Canadian ICPs got in last year!?!? that's so stressful!
    i cant wait to here when and where the interviews are, i feel like i've been waiting forever =)

19. merfsko

merfsko New Member

Regarding the e-mail chain list that we received today: do you think that's a good indicator of how many people have applied?

I know there are always people who don't particiapte in these things, but I counted roughly about 175 names- so at least that gives us a starting figure!

20. ariella

ariella New Member

That should give you roughly a good idea. Applications are still open until December 31st but I imagine there isn't too many people who apply during the holidays. There might be some people on that list who are interviewing for the 6 month J1 Academic program though.