Can ICPs take Disney Courses??

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by disneykanadian, Apr 15, 2009.

1. disneykanadian

disneykanadian New Member

Hi all,

I have (another) question :),

Can Summer ICP's (i'm going for 3 months) also take some Disney courses offered at WDW? What kind of courses can we take? I would love to take at least a couple, but I'm not sure how many are available for us ICPs.

Thanks for the info!

2. As far as I know courses are available to all. The problem you will come across is that you will be going during the summer when no classes are actually running. There are some one-off lectures and stuff with Disney people talking but that's about it as far as I know.

3. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

I'd pretty much agree with what you've said there. One off talks by leaders, plus a few single session events teaching things such as interview technique, writing a CV/Resume etc.

4. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

Ya it's just unfortunate timing for us.
    I sent an email to the edu people asking if I could do the 8 week Entertainment PDS. I got a reply saying of course I could, very welcome etc. But it doesn't run through summer so oh dear for you.

Bring back the J1A!

5. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

I wanted to take some HR courses while I was there, but the other thing is that they won't work your schedule around it, so even if the classes were offered, you would have to go on your days off and trade shifts and stuff to make sure you could go. I think the courses really are just for the J1A, US CP, internships etc...

Plus, you'll have so much to do that by the end of the summer you'll wish you had more time!