Buses

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by chanm002, May 2, 2010.

1. chanm002

chanm002 New Member

I read on the Disney ICP website that there are shuttle buses to "nearby supermarkets, shopping facilities, restaurants, shopping malls and post office".

Does this mean that the buses take us to places like Festival Bay Mall, Mall at Millenia, Florida Mall etc?

2. helium7suz

helium7suz New Member

I have heard that there are buses to the malls but I got the impression that they only ran on certain days.
    from what people have said the ones to walmart are pretty regular.

3. Sofi

Sofi Guest

is florida mall quite close? i looked on a map and it didn't seem too far away, like if in england it wud be walkable but obv there aren't many paths in florida x

4. chanm002

chanm002 New Member

Sofi, apparently, accoridng to Google Maps, it would 2 hours 12 minutes to walk to Florida Mall from Disney! :)

5. Sofi

Sofi Guest

i was looking from the housing tho not disney but my definition of far is really different to most people, i dont mind walking 2 miles every day to uni but my mates will get a taxi to a club on the same street as my flat =/ so lol i'd walk 2 hours if i had the time and it was possible with side walks there lol x

6. Mauro

Mauro New Member

;D ;D ;D ;D buses!!!s hehehe you will love to hate them!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

When I was there one day of the week there was a bus that will take you to the florida mall and prime outlets. These buses take about one hour to get there and another one to come back. The problem is they only run on certain 3 times a day and on certain days and it is really difficult for that day to match your day off!!

Walking?????? I wouldnt even think about it. Thera are no pathways and you could get bitten by a gator !

There is public transportation (Lynk 42 or the red trolley) wich will take you to prime outlets and festival bay mall wich is empty btw and the florida mall. It is still a full day trip to go to the mall. The trolley will also take you to wintergarden a very hip place, sea world, and universal studios.

7. Sofi

Sofi Guest

cool :) can't wait, what are prices like for taxis around the place? x

8. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Not too bad... better to share with people. I recommend getting a taxi to walmart with friends if you have a lot of shopping to buy because the bus is horrendus as it is without handfuls of shopping!!

And it's best to forget about walking ANYWHERE, except inside the parks! It's just not really possible there, the roads are huge and quite dangerous, it's roasting hot most of the time and there are bugs and gators you could get eaten by! :p

9. chanm002

chanm002 New Member

What about walking to the Orlando Premium Outlets? They don't look far at all, and I hear the I-Ride trolley goes from there?

10. Mauro

Mauro New Member

premium outlets are just in front of commons, very near from chatham, commons or patterson. You could walk from vista, there are pathways from vista to the outlets. But I would rather take the bus to commons and walk from there

11. scarlettheart

scarlettheart New Member

All this talk of buses has got me thinking - I haven't taken a bus for years lol! Since I've been able to drive I've either walked everywhere or taken the car! I'm gonna miss my wee car :( she's gonna be so lonely locked up in the garage :p x

12. 03goodl

03goodl New Member

Tel me about it i have just passed my test but i'm not allowed to buy a car unitl I get bk from Disney say have to last all summer on the buses good practise i guess!!

When are you going out Scarlettheart? and what are you doing??

I'm Lucy doing F&B in the UK pavillion 7th of Spetember!! ;D