Biggest Crisis Ever.

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Sofi, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Sofi

Sofi Guest

This Thread is closed.

2. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Hey... don't worry hun. Yummy Jobs are probably overloaded right now with all the emails and stuff but you could give them a call tomorrow and talk about your worries with them - they are all really nice people and I am sure will have a conversation with you about your options.

QS F+B also includes things like popcorn carts and ice creams out in the parks too, not just working in the kitchens and restaurants! 8)

3. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Soph - you are VERY unlikely to be working in the kitchen!
    Every locations varies, but you will only be trained on one thing first, and as the kitchen's are really busy, they probs won't put you in there straight away!
    How would you feel about outdoor foods?

I was less than thrilled about being in QSF - but I had the most amazing time!

And (at least at my location), they asked you before they trained you somewhere new, and you started either on bussing or counter!

Don't let this fantastic opportunity down!
    You most likely won't be offered another job role though!
    If you have ANY questions, ask me :)
    xx

4. StevenC

StevenC New Member

yeah out door food carts are pretty popular jobs for the ICP's mainly in epcot, so drinks and ice creams mainly...loads of people seem to get them!

5. Sofi

Sofi Guest

ok =s eek lol but maybe im gunna haveto just face my fear but seriously its so bad i used to forget my ingrediants on purpose when it was time for cooking class at school! lol

but oh thank god! u guys are getting me excited now! lol WOW IM GOING TO DISNEY omg...lol see =']

6. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Awww bless you... don't worry, the magic will sort you out!

Be happy like this smilie - ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

7. mac shell

mac shell New Member

awww totally dont turn it down for tht reason!!! u would competly regret it!!! n i totally suck as all that stuff as well i set my kitchen on fire the other day trying to make spagehtti! or how ever u spell it lol! it was only a we fire no damage done !!xxx

8. HanniBobs

HanniBobs New Member

oh god, just read this, ive got qs food and bev too, i really wouldnt like to work in a hot kitchen, in hot and humid orlando!!!! i didnt realise qs f&b entailed kitchen work...damn!! but i really like the sounds of working on an ice cream cart outside!
    I'm still in a high state of excitement tho :)

9. Sofi

Sofi Guest

lol! ok ;D ;D ;D

I'm really excited now!! Thanks guys andddddddddddd im gunna face my fears too! haha

BUT the worst thing that could have happened would have been Lifeguard...cos i CANT SWIM!! LOL

im officially useless. ha i'm gunna be sat by the pool all the time hoping no1 will push me in ='] x

10. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Now that, I agree with. I would be a hopeless lifeguard!

11. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Haha, that's why I didn't put down lifeguard, I'm not a very good swimmer!
    Although the guy that did my traditions started as a lifeguard and he couldn't swim... they taught him how!

I worked in the Columbia Harbour House - I don't know many people who were just ODF - a couple of friends were told they were that, then were cross-trained to Pinocchios and never left!
    Several people get resorts, and there are lots of indoor locations! (Cosmic Rays, 2nd busiest QS resturant in the world anyone? :p)

But don't worry, they can work around it!
    And in the kitchen is not just fryers and whatnot, there's window, salads, dishes, stock... lots of stuff!
    xx

12. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Awww Sofi dont worry. Just give a little whistle.

If you have a fear of kitchens then they will obviously not put you in the kitchen, there are so many different things you can do, you can be trained on MATRA and work on the tills or bussing and greeting as Katie said.

There are endless opportunities for QS.

It is quick impressive to know that Cosmic rays is the second busiest QS reaturant in the world, :D

13. Sofi

Sofi Guest

Yeh well she originally asked if i'd do it cos ive worked in retail for nearly 4 years and she said i would be dealing/serving customers and stuff, she even asked the guy next to me but he said he wouldn't do it, i figured they probably didn't have much interest in it i'm guessing x

14. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Im surprised they didnt give you Merchandise. Anyway, you may actually get trained on the tills, if you get that then that gives a wide opportunity to work outdoors aswell as indoors.

15. Sofi

Sofi Guest

yeh i kno =[ pfft. lol but least i'll be doing something different i guess =] i love working at a till tho so i hope thats what happens, i get propa fast and into it ='] ha i work at new look atm so its like 4 hours a day of asking people to open account cards..

16. littlegreeen

littlegreeen New Member

hey sofi!

I am in EXACTLY the same possition! i didnt put it down but the woman kinda pressured me in2 putting it down during the interview! i also dont wanna work in a kitchen :(

lets not worry about it tho, think of the pepo that didnt get through . . . at least we got a place!

just no ur not the only one x

17. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Haha, you dont have to pressure any guests into buying store cards or promotions at disney... at least in merchandise! The biggest transaction of merch I did in 2008 was over $1000 dollars!

18. Sofi

Sofi Guest

i know im just happy i get to go =D i was just worried about getting there and them being like how rubbish are u hahaha

and wow $1000 thats crazy!!! but its disney so understandable! and i think it would be easier to get people to join a disney club or something lol =P x

19. leomgray

leomgray New Member

That is one of the great things about being at disney, you do not need to sell cards or that. We do have specific promotions we like to get targets from, but it is a fun thing normally.

20. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

Yeah I got QS F&B too! Can't say I was overly thrilled either - but I've come to terms with it. We might actually get something we like doing - and it'll be a good experience to talk about for futurte job interviews... :)
    I guess just try it and see how it pans out, you never know - you might really enjoy it