Bedding

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by kat333w, Mar 16, 2009.

1. kat333w

kat333w New Member

Ok this may seem like a stupid question but im completely confused about it. On all the information it says we need to take like bedding but does this just mean sheets and pillow cases, or do we actually need to take pillows and a duvet???
    Thanks, Kat xxx

2. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Nah, we have to take pillows and a duvet, or buy them there :(
    xx

3. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

oh gosh, i didn't think about pillows and that. thats a bit of a pain really! i knew we had to take sheets etc...

4. sangreazul8

sangreazul8 Active Member

yes you have to take your own

5. jimbolico

jimbolico New Member

In Walmart they sale something called bed in a bag, i think it's the best choice.

6. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

coool. maybe i'll get that then :)

7. the_anarky_boy

the_anarky_boy New Member

DO NOT get a duvet. Even with the AC on you would never get to sleep from the heat and probably end up kicking it off.
    A pillow, sheets and a blanket is probably all you really need.

8. vik

vik New Member

a lot of ppl went the first night without anything...i couldnt handle it! i actually had a duvet which was a godsend as my roomates liked to live in arctic temperatures! what can i say, i get cold very easilly!

9. theb5

theb5 New Member

Neither could I, I'm the worst for feeling cold, probably one of the reasons I decided to go to Florida! I'm hitting walmart for sheets, etc as soon as I get there!

10. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I may just take out a big blanket with me, haha, but i would like my duvet aswell.

11. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

With the AC on the appartement was about the same or colder than I'm used to in the UK so using a duvet was fine for me. Certainly I'd have really struggled if I had nothing on the first night in my appartement. How artic the conditions are varies appartement by appartement on people's preferences. Don't go to traditions in just a shirt (and trousers/pants of course!) - after 4hrs you'll be freezing with the AC listening to the presentation - SafeD Begins with Me!

12. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

When I went down for my program, I literally just took some sheets and a duvet, then just bought a pillow when I got there. I wasn't too sure if I'd be able to make it to Wal-Mart when I first got there (being not too sure about schedules and what not at the time) so I just took what I could to make me feel right at home! Pillows are fairly cheap and can be left behind, and packing a blanket at least helped to discourage me from over-packing (which I somehow managed to do anyways!). If you're concerned about space and the buses aren't running to Wal-Mart the day you get there, just get a group together and split the cab fare! It isn't too far if I recall correctly.

13. vik

vik New Member

oh. my. goodness.

never again!

14. disneykanadian

disneykanadian New Member

I will be bringing a comfy sleeping bag with a camping pillow... hope I don't regret it! but I'm on a budget and don't plan on fitting pillows in my bulging suitcases!