Banking questions (Partners?)

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by disneykanadian, Mar 25, 2009.

1. disneykanadian

disneykanadian New Member

Hi everyone,

I just got accepted to the Disney ICP Program (May 3d). I had a couple of banking questions:

1. How much does each debit transaction cost (using Disney's Partners Credit Union)?
    2. How much does each cash withdrawal cost (once again, using Disney's bank)?

I know these fees can add up, just wondering if Disney's bank is cheaper than others and what you all recommend. Thanks for the help!

2. vik

vik New Member

Well, from doing the icp last summer, i can tell you that opening an account is not actually a neccessity - i went to open one last summer and they turned me away because i'd only be there a few months. so yeah i had a lot of cash on me, but as long as you're careful with it, its fine. i know it costs $5 to open an account with partners, but i think it becomes a little complicated closing the account in the end, but like i say, i didnt open one last summer so i dont know!

3. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

It' doesn't cost to deposit or withdraw in branch. You will have to get a savings account and keep it at a $5 minimum balance and I don't think you can get checking at all as it's such a short time.
    With a savings account you will get an ATM card but you can't use it to pay in shops. If you really want checking and they let you have it, you have to pay a $3/month fee. The fee is waived if you set up a direct deposit with Disney for your paychecks to go straight in, which is easy enough to do. You can set up direct deposit into savings too for no charge.

There is a Partners cash machine at all the complexes which is free. Other ATMs vary in charges, they usually do at varying fees.

Whatever you do, set it up as soon as you can cause it takes a little while for everything to get sorted and the sooner the better!