Bags

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by kimmiedancer, Nov 13, 2009.

1. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

I was just wondering what types of bags and how big people took?
    Is it a good idea to bring a backpack? When you go out to the parks what do you bring with you? Is it enough to take a backpack with you?
    My grandma offered to get me a backpack or a small trolley case (I have a big one), but I was thinking that maybe a backpack might be more useful as you can use it not only to put stuff in over, but at the parks etc?
    Or,
    maybe take both (so 3 bags...?)

2. catfish278

catfish278 Member

I took two suitcases - one big and one medium as well as a backpack with my laptop in it (as hand luggage) and a small backpack for the parks (packed inside my case)... way too much luggage! I mean, it was all allowed on the airline but it was a hell of a lot to try and carry as one person! I don't know how I even managed to fill two suitcases!

On the way back from WDW, my suitcases were packed fit to bursting... my larger suitcase was 32.5kg when it was measured at check-in which is too heavy for the plane! So I was one of those embaressing people who had to open my luggage all on the floor and try to rearrange it so that it was light enough... I managed it tho had to pay £70 in excess baggage fees!

3. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Whatever you do, don't bring a bag with wheels to use in the park. They're dangerous & annoying!

4. Loz

Loz New Member

When I was there, I took a small backpack when I went to parks for the day (big enough for a camera, museli bar, water bottle and wallet is all I ever needed). I swear all the guests were jealous; they had massive backpacks because they were there for the whole day.
    When I had work, I took a bigger bag to fit my clothes in as well.
    My advice, whatever bag you take into the parks, make sure it's big enough to hold whatever you'd need for a day at the beach (minus towel of course), small enough to fit in the bag holders on all the rides and comfortable enough to lug around all day.
    Lauren