Baggage / packing tip

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by nix123, Apr 10, 2010.

1. nix123

nix123 New Member

Hey everyone, its getting much closer now!!!!!

Just thought i'd share a brainwave i had the other day - if youre like me and completely over pack with EVERYTHING, i would highly suggest getting some of the special storage vacuum bags to put all your stuff in in the suitcase!!!
    you basically put your things in the bag, and it sucks out all the extra air to make them much more compact - it can make a pillow completely flat!!!! itll save sooooo much more room in the suitcase, and im sure its bound to help out with the weight a bit too!!! (Not 100% on the weight bit tho)

You can get JML ones but theyre like £10 for 2 in some places, if youre in the UK you can get them from Wilkinsons (where i work lol, bit of promo going on there!) and we also do our own brand which are like a pack of 2 for £4!!!!

a usefull little discovery :D

Nix xxx

2. Sofi

Sofi Guest

I bought mine from poundland and i already packed everything weeks ago ='] i'm so sad lol i work at new look so ive just been buying summery items and adding them to the vacuum, all i need to pack now is lotions and stuff :p I'd say there a good space saver but if u dont need space dont bother with them cos they probz add weight, mine feels dead heavy and if its rips ur screwed lol x

3. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

if they open your case for a security check your pretty stuffed too.

4. chanm002

chanm002 New Member

thats a good point about the security checking

5. scarlettheart

scarlettheart New Member

Instead of the hoover bags, I've got the 'roll-up' variety - no hoover required! ;D
    If i remember right they were from ASDA.
    xx

6. leeds disney fan

leeds disney fan New Member

7. Sofi

Sofi Guest

Hey i'm just guessing ur at leeds met? just cossa the your siggy with the gambia field trip, if so, me too :) what date u flying? x

8. leeds disney fan

leeds disney fan New Member

i'm at leeds met but not going this yr I applied last yr but didn't get offered a job I graduate this summer so may apply for the cultural rep pprogram for next year