Baggage Allowance!

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by scarlettheart, Jan 8, 2010.

1. scarlettheart

scarlettheart New Member

Hello everyone!

I'm flying from Glasgow on the 1st of June (to Gatwick then Orlando) ;D

Does anyone know what baggage allowance we have to the USA?

Thank you!

2. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

It depends on your airline, you should be able to check on the website.

I think for Virgin it's one bag of no more than 23kg now, it used to be 2 in economy but they reduced it.
    I don't know about other airlines though.
    xx

3. scarlettheart

scarlettheart New Member

Oh dear... I'm going to have to brush up on my packing skills for this trip lol!

Thanks Katie :D

4. lowrigokarts

lowrigokarts New Member

also 23kg is alot.. as your only going to need summer clothes. if it was somewhere cold i would panick too. And it also onle one of you so you got the whoooooole suitcase to your self. massive!!

5. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

The problem is coming back - I bought sooooo much stuff! I'll definitely be paying for an extra suitcase haha

6. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

could you not ship some things home while you were out there. Like send them as presents so that you dont get taxed but it would free up some space in your suitcase. I have the worst perception of weight so i would probs get there on the way back and be over and then have to pay 50 pounds. :(

7. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Luckily, I'm Canadian so I had driven down with my family and they left me there, so I had a TON of stuff. Then we decided to fly me home so I had to ship/get rid of a lot. Thank goodness for the Greyhound courier bus - I put two packages on it and had it delivered to my hometown. Worked very simply. I'd reccommend shipping things, as it's probably cheaper than another suitcase!

8. CharlotteSparkle

with virgin you can pay and extra £32 when you book or pay £40 at the airport for an extra suitcase which I'm definitely gonna do. At least then it's paid for and I don't have to worry about it :)

9. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

well i know my case is going to be big enough i just hope it doesn't weigh to much. :-[

10. catfish278

catfish278 Member

I cant believe virgin have changed it to one bag!! when I came back last time I had two bulging suitcases, one weighing 23kg and the other 32kg!! I had to pay excess baggage!

11. debz

debz New Member

dont forget winter stuff tho, even tho its florida int he winter it does get cold and windy and wet n rainy lol

12. catfish278

catfish278 Member

LOL I think she's on the summer program so that won't matter... I'm taking one jumper and that's it in June and thats only for the air con!

13. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Shipping back to the UK is expensive - I travelled for a bit after (had warmer clothes for it!), but my bag was overweight so I had to send some stuff home - was about $150 I think!
    I think I'm going to take much less stuff going out, and then pay for an extra bag coming home if I need it... you don't need many clothes really! (And everything else you can just dump, like bedsheets you buy and whatnot!)
    xx

14. debz

debz New Member

oh right i thot icp could do the programme either 3 or 6 months, which would mean winter clothes but ok.

15. littlegreeen

littlegreeen New Member

hey just wanted 2 say i'm goin from glasgow 1st june too!
    did u get the STA flights? we could b on the same one! x

16. scarlettheart

scarlettheart New Member

Hey!
    Yeah I think it will be the same one!
    Where are you working?
    I'm super excited, honestly counting the days!

17. Kevus

Kevus New Member

I cant believe this, i have always taken two light cases back with me but two quite heavy bags back...

18. CharlotteSparkle

that's what I was planning to do - I was actually going to take my comforter and pillow in one case and then leave them in florida so i'd have room to bring stuff back :-S I defs can't only have one case coming back!!!

19. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

You could always pay for a second bag to come home with... I think that's what I'll do (although I'm probably flying American Airlines, so may have different allowances...)
    xx

20. Kevus

Kevus New Member

im gonna pay the extra for the second case.... its better than forcing everything into one and having to pay extra for it being to heavy