Australia's new point of contact

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by cammysan, Aug 9, 2011.

1. cammysan

cammysan New Member

A few weeks ago I emailed STB Australia about whether they'll accept Open Uni students, and this was the response:

So now I guess everything will take slightly longer to do given the number of emails WDW must receive daily.

2. citylightsTAM

citylightsTAM New Member

hang in there! :) it took me an extra week. I finally got an interview with Disney tomorrow!! :D

3. NickiS

NickiS New Member

Quite frustrating really. STB were the contact in NZ too and I got the same email yesterday.

The thing is STB called my friend and I two weeks ago saying we had to go to Auckland for our interviews so we booked flights and accommodation immediately. Now 3 days out from the interview we get emails saying it'll be done over Skype now at the same time and day as planned, just not in Auckland...

Good luck with your interview citylightsTAM!

4. citylightsTAM

citylightsTAM New Member

yeah, it did get a bit frustrating. but hopefully it'll work out in the end!! :)

5. Hanby

Hanby New Member

I emailed them last night expecting that it would take ages for a response and had a reply by the time I woke up this morning!

6. NickiS

NickiS New Member

Did anyone else get an email saying they want us to send copies of our application, role checklist, student form and passport bio page?
    Freaking out a bit because I don't have copies of all that and my interviews tomorrow morning!

7. citylightsTAM

citylightsTAM New Member

Yeah, you need to have all of those.

8. NickiS

NickiS New Member

But I sent them all to STB like a month ago and I got that email saying the electronic copy of the online application went straight to Disney... lol the stress is starting to show

9. citylightsTAM

citylightsTAM New Member

Yeah, so did I. I just decided to resend all those attachments direct to Disney again. That way, you know they have it.

And good luck with your interview!

10. NickiS

NickiS New Member

Argh then it looks like I'll have to print, fill out and scan everything again and email it to them except for the student form.

How was your interview?

11. citylightsTAM

citylightsTAM New Member

I think it went well. Hopefully it was enough... :)

12. sar_bear

sar_bear New Member

I am very frustrated. I had already had my in-person interview at STB and apparantly everything was going well. I was awaiting my skype interview. After a few weeks I email STB and find out they're not doing the applications anymore?
    I've now emailed the new contact.
    Is anyone in my position?

13. citylightsTAM

citylightsTAM New Member

I was in your position too. However, just send all your documents to Disney direct and you should be through to the Disney recruiter then. That's what I did and I had my Skype interview last week :)

14. sar_bear

sar_bear New Member

I've sent a preliminary email to the new recruiters just asking what the current status of my application is. Are they quick to respond?

It's just very disappointing because I thought it was a sure thing. I hope this change doesn't effect my chances...

15. citylightsTAM

citylightsTAM New Member

It took me a week and a bit. I also sent in all my documents again Andd they forwarded me directly to Jeni. So now I'm in direct contact with her.

16. sar_bear

sar_bear New Member

Well it's comforting to know alot of people are in the same boat. I hope they return my email soon.

Thank you for your replies and good luck with your application :)

17. sar_bear

sar_bear New Member

I got a reply from the new recruiters *sigh of relief*
    They've asked to schedule a skpe interview, should I forward them any of the relevant documents?

18. citylightsTAM

citylightsTAM New Member

Your online application, passport bio page, resume, student status form & your program role checklist (assuming stb gave you these last 2 already)

That's what I did.

19. sar_bear

sar_bear New Member

They told me STB forwarded my stuff to them already so that's good. Is the interview very long? Do they ask you about the history of Disney itself or is it similar to the in-person one we had at STB?

20. NickiS

NickiS New Member

The interview is about 20 minutes and it seems more of a nice chat than an interview. The questions are quite standard (Why are you interested in the program etc.) Just remember to smile heaps and be yourself and show your enthusiasm!

Good luck!