Aus/NZ Jan 2012

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Broadyfalcon, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Broadyfalcon

Broadyfalcon New Member

Hey All,

FYI I enquired/began the application process about 2 weeks ago and got to the point where Ashliegh at STB asked me to apply for a July 2011 intake (lifegaurd role only - so I passed as I'm like a erm...fish out of water... when im in the water.....) Anyway Ashliegh then told me applications would open for Jan 2012 (i.e. the next intake) later this month (i.e. March 2011) - and she had put my name down o nthe list of those interested in applying for this date.

From the application stuff for July 2011 basically I saw that interviews ect had to be finalised by Thursday 10th so i assume sometime in the next two weeks we will see some movement on this front?

Anybody else applying? Any tips from people who appplied sucessfully before?

I was in the states over Christmas and can't wait to go back - missed WDW but went to Disneyland!

2. sar_bear

sar_bear New Member

I just sent in my CV and cover letter :D

I emailed STB in December and they also said that applicants send in their CV's mid-March.

Do you know how long it will take if you're accepted for a phone interview?

3. Broadyfalcon

Broadyfalcon New Member

Nope - only that Ashleigh will contact me when applications open - I havent sent a copy of my CV yet but I have done the online presentation stage - I actually asked her last week if she wanted anything from me sent over and she said no - from what I can tell they must be in the stages of wrapping up the July intake....

4. sar_bear

sar_bear New Member

Ahk.
    Well after I sent my cv I got a reply to watch the presentation (my 6th view :p) then fill out the information for a fact sheet.
    I'm guessing they contact you after they get that information.

5. Broadyfalcon

Broadyfalcon New Member

Haha lol 6 times? At least you can skip through or turn down the sound and narrate it yourself ;D. I don't wanna be "that annoying guy hounding STB" so I'll wait until April n if I haven't heard back apply then. What role do you want - I think id like operations, specifically attractions (jungle cruise would be fun I've been on that in Disneyland) or potentially even vacation planning/concierge where your problem solving

6. sar_bear

sar_bear New Member

Yes, it is a little bit obsessive.
    I would like to do merchandise. I work in retail so it seems like a good fit.
    Concierge would be interesting, never dull

7. Broadyfalcon

Broadyfalcon New Member

meh its an exciting concept"program so you have reaosn to be obsessed.

Lol is concierge tipped? Apparantly you can make heaps on tips - I could see myself doign that too - I really dont want custodial, however would take it as I do really want to go!

8. sar_bear

sar_bear New Member

I just hope I get in. I wish I knew how long it usually takes for them to get back to you after you fill out the e-pres info.
    But i understand they're still getting July 2011 done.

Hmm I suppose so, they tip everywhere in the states don't they?
    I would take custodial if it meant that I could go. But I would prefer merchandise :)

Update: Was just emailed my application form and the relevant documents. However they were for a 2011 placement. So I think I'm in the same boat as you now with my name on a 2012 list :)

9. Broadyfalcon

Broadyfalcon New Member

Yeah - I was in the states over Christmas and at times it was almost annoying how people fawned over you (i.e. a waiter shaking my hand at breakfast) to earn their tips sometimes- that said service over there is on the hwole much better than Aus as a result. I get the impression from the documents, presentations ect that they save tipped roles for locals as you can make really good money in tips.

If there is only lifegaurd left wait until next opening if you really want merchandise :) Only downside about going later is i would have loved to have been in the states for Halloween (particularly be able to go to Universal Studios for their Halloween party) - by all reports from people who have done Halloween at College its crazy!

Where-abouts in Aus/NZ are you from - im a Melbournian (so Tropical Florida weather may just be a shock to the system!)

10. sar_bear

sar_bear New Member

I'm not sure I could do concierge then, not quite sure if I could get away with the fawning. Shame they save it for locals though.

If you do 12 months then you rotate between two roles, I think I'll choose Merchandise and Operations.

That was the initial plan. I wasn't sure if I had to fill out the forms yet though so I sent back an email. They said the recruitment for 2012 starts in May. Well if you do the program for a year then you will be there for Halloween :) Were you planning to apply for 6 or 12 months?

I'm from Sydney and from the recent heatwaves I'm sure I will survive Florida...just.

11. Broadyfalcon

Broadyfalcon New Member

Yeah I'm not sure whether I want to do 6 or 12 (spose i should make up my mind) - ok geuss its a wait until May then :)

Haha Well at least I am used to 4 seasons in one day i spose - could be worse, you could be from the UK and used to considering 3 days at 20 degrees a heatwave!

12. Broadyfalcon

Broadyfalcon New Member

Anybody heard from STB??

13. MitchellC

MitchellC New Member

I believe everyone was on holidays until today, so they'll probably be going through their backlog of emails over the next 24hrs :)

14. gemmalee7

gemmalee7 New Member

Hi everybody,

I'm currently filling out the application forms for the Disney ICP!
    I'm just wondering though.... when is the cut off date for applications!?
    Because I am waiting on my passport to arrive! :S
    Also... if we are to be accepted, does anybody know when we would actually fly out?! I'm looking at going in 2012 (obviously!) and doing the 12 month program. :)

I'm VERY new here! Only joined up a second ago, haha.. so I hope to hear from you guys soon and my fingers and toes are crossed for a successful application!

Gem :)

15. Broadyfalcon

Broadyfalcon New Member

Hi :)

Lol im not sure 2012 have even opened but they are meant to be very close to opening so good timing :p let us know what STB say (ie are they taking applications now)

Cheers Liam :)

16. Broadyfalcon

Broadyfalcon New Member

hey anybody heard from STB recently if applications for Jan 2012 are open?

17. gemmalee7

gemmalee7 New Member

Hi Liam,

I think they've opened? I am in contact with Ashleigh because I want to go in 2012 and she said that I can continue my application process! I've just gotta send her all the forms and yeah! Application completed. Haha! This is the email that I got...

"Hi Gemma,

We are currently taking applications for January 2012. If you don't mind me asking, Which university are you currently attending? We are currently organising our next recruitment Trip which will be happening early May.

Kind Regards

Ashleigh Lowe"

Hope this helps. :)

18. Broadyfalcon

Broadyfalcon New Member

Cool ive emailed her so see what happens I geuss

19. gemmalee7

gemmalee7 New Member

Ahhh, so i'm getting really excited?! Haha! I've sent all of my forms to Ashleigh @ STB and yeahhh! Fingers crossed that I am able to go in 2012! I think the deadline for all of the forms is May 2nd? Or so it says on the STB Australia facebook page....

So what roles is everybody looking at doing, when is everybody wanting to go, how long for, etc.?!

Gem x

20. Broadyfalcon

Broadyfalcon New Member

WHAT!!!! May 2nd? She hasnt emailed me back ) - I geuss I'll just got through the online presentation and trigger an application like that.... Is it definately 2012 and not 2011???