Attrations - ICP June 20th 2010

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by nix123, Dec 4, 2009.

1. nix123

nix123 New Member

Hey Guys!!!!!

I got my confirmation the other day, god im sooooooo excited i absolutely cannot wait!!!!!!
    Anyone doing the same as me???

nix xx

2. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :)

I'm so excited - Attractions was my first choice last year, but I got QS instead... I'm so happy! :D
    xx

3. Jar

Jar New Member

Indeed back in the land of attractions! Should be a good one! ;D

4. disneydj

disneydj New Member

I'll be there too - 20th June attractions :) which ride would you all work on if you had the choice??

5. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Possibly Spaceship Earth!
    I'd love Jungle Cruise - but I think I'd be too nervous!
    Maybe Test Track, or Winnie the Pooh, or the Indy Cars.... so many to choose from!

I think I'd be happy with anything though, except maybe Rock n Roller Coaster (I don't do that ride) - or Honey I Shrunk the Audience as I am really phobic of snakes. Could not work there!

Anywhere really! :)
    xx

6. nix123

nix123 New Member

ahhh this is gonna be great!!!! heyyyy fellow attracteees!!! where are we all from?
    im from Birmingham in the UK originally, but im at uni in Chester :D

this is my first time, im a disney employee virgin, im SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited its untrueeeee!!!!!! ive been to florida 6 times tho, and paris 4, so i know the place like the back of my hand lol!!!

hmmm what attractions if i had the choice.... i really wanna be in a role, coz im a dancer / performer, so i want to get a kool costume and be in character lol, so the Haunted Mansion or Tower Of Terror would be kool, but i would also like a tan, so anything please!!! haha im pasty enough to be on one of those ones without even using makeup, put it that way!!!!

im just so excited aaarghhhh!!!!!!
    my housemates are gna kill me over the next 6 months LOL!!!

nix xxx

7. Minnie88

Minnie88 New Member

Hiya guys, I'm doing the SAME!!!!! I'm soo excited, originally I thought attractions would be really popular so I would have no chance of getting it but YAY!! I'm from London :) Woop! Omg yeah so many to choose from, I wouldn't even know which park to start with! Something indoors maybe? Like Toy Story Mania!! I've been to Florida only once, in 2008, and the heat was insane! Although I can so see myself doing Dumbo for some funny reason...
    Congrats to you all for getting through! Hope to be meeting all you in June!

8. Jar

Jar New Member

This being my third time, I'm not really sure what else they can throw at me.

I have worked tomorrow land attractions and the Jungle Cruise (which is scary to start off with my awesome once you get used to it).

I still really want to work Tower, Mansion would also be fun, and maybe Everest. Although as I have done a spieling attraction I have a feeling i may be back on one most likely the Great Movie Ride or Kilimanjaro Safari...

9. iHEARTflorida

iHEARTflorida New Member

Do ICP'ers ever get placed at Animal Kingdom? -- I have never yet read of anyone working there!

10. Jar

Jar New Member

Yeah all the time.
    My mate worked on Everest a few years back, and i know people who have worked other attractions and custodial in AK.

11. KirstyB

KirstyB New Member

Yes Im doing attractions too but I leave June 1st 2010...

Im sooo excited but am really not sure what to expect??

anyone who's done it before could give me a clue on what to expect and what id be doing day to day?

Thanks !! :) x

12. captain_kylie

captain_kylie New Member

I heard ICP don't do safari though because there is so much they have to train you in and you have to have driving license etc and know all about the different animals and only say 20% is actually spiel!

xx

13. nix123

nix123 New Member

yeh i suppose thats kind of understandable, plus the customers want to be sure that if anything goes wrong theyre going to be safe in your hands, and this might not be a good idea if youve only had a few weeks of training!

i wouldnt mind getting a spiel though, like on backlot tour or an introduction to the shows etc :)

nix xx

14. disneydj

disneydj New Member

I wouldn't mind a speil, so long as it wasn't too tedious!

So where are we all flying from on the 20th?? I'm flying at 10 something am from Manchester on a Virgin Atlantic flight, anyone who wants to join me, please do!!

15. nix123

nix123 New Member

i just think people might struggle to understand my brummie accent if i get a spiel! lol! although ive been told its not very strong at all.... "/

im going from Gatwick on the 20th :)

nix x