Attractions question

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by disneykanadian, Apr 13, 2009.

1. disneykanadian

disneykanadian New Member

Hi all,

I'm really excited to do Attractions this summer and I was just thinking of the possible work locations I could get. Is it possible that Attractions ICP's get placed in a water park? Are some parks more common for ICP's than others? I'm happy in any park, though I'd love the Studios or esp. Magic Kingdom. Can't wait to find out which I'm in!! What park(s) would you LOVE to work in?

2. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

I am fairly sure you can't be placed at a waterpark since you would need to have your lifeguarding certificate. I believe they hire a certain amount of people on the ICP for Lifeguards at the waterpark and at different resorts, at least they did when I went in 2006. You can be placed at any park. In fact in my apartment we had one person in each park in attractions. Space Mountain, Kilimanjaro Safari, The Land and Lights, Motors, Action so really, anything is possible!

I would pick Magic Kingdom or the Studios as my first choice as well, but each park has it's own magic!

3. KarinLee

KarinLee New Member

DisneyKanadian,

I know where you are coming from!
    You saw in the Disney Package that "Attractions" may include working at a "Water Park"!
    I cringed at that too... I would not worry, I have talked to many former CM and none of them have heard of that!

My Top choices in Attractions: (not in any particular order)
    Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, Backlot Tour, Dinosaur.... I think?!

My Top choice in Parks
    MGM and MK as well...

What are yours? Keep in going..... great thread.

4. disneykanadian

disneykanadian New Member

Hi Karin,
    I actually haven't received my package yet (we chatted this morning on facebook, I asked you if you had received it yet - that's me, "disneykanadian" :) ) but yes I would prefer a theme park. The waterparks have limited attractions so most likely we won't get one. My top choices in Attractions are also my favorite rides:

1.Splash Mountain
    2. Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
    3. Expedition Everest

5. Sora

Sora New Member

Hey Attila!

Please tell us as soon as you know how this process works, if they let you choose the park at least or something? I already received my "packege" but unffortunately our Disney Acceptance Letter didn't arrive on time to my Procurement Ally :(.

6. carolabola

carolabola New Member

I've never been to WDW so I don't really know what's out there, but of the few attractions I know of, I'm hoping for Tower of Terror or Haunted Mansion.

I don't think I would mind being on Animal Kingdom either, and I don't really know much about Magic Kingdom so... C:

7. pam24

pam24 New Member

I'd really like to work at MK actually
    and the Jungle Cruise sounds amazing!!! is it possible for me to get it or choose it?
    or do they just tell you where you'll be working?