Application time. Lets do it! (Plus a sneakly little question)

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Jayyeah, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Jayyeah

Jayyeah New Member

Hey, I'm Jay. Applying for HOPEFULLY attractions for next summer.

I hope all of you gloriously helpful people are well. I may have spent over an hour reading old posts and they have made me even more nervous, but also super excited. Which is scary but good.

Just finishing off my CV and cover letter (CL?). Seriously, this is more stressful than UCAS.

Quick little question. How long is everybody's answer to "Motivation for taking part" on Yummy?

Cheers!

2. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

LOL, and i'm not sure, it doesn't say anywhere on the yummy jobs form to attach a covering letter, just "upload your cv", so i was the thinking the "motivation for taking part" section may have been the covering letter type bit... maybe?

3. Carissa_93

Carissa_93 New Member

It does not specify to include a cover letter, but it's better if you do. My answer to "Motivation for taking part" had similar ideas in it to my cover letter but it was different. I don't know how long most people's are, but mine has 228 words. I think mine is longer than average though. It basically just needs to be a few sentences describing why you want the job and hinting at why you would be good at it.

4. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

I didn't do a covering letter per se, my motivation section was 418 words though.

5. Piglet

Piglet New Member

My motivation section was like a few words, but i got through last time without writing anything in the box so i think they're more likely to look at your cv and cover letter :) x

6. Jayyeah

Jayyeah New Member

Gosh this is scary!

Does it matter if you haven't had many years experience in the hospitality industry?

Also, when do you think we'll start hearing about phone interviews?

7. Carissa_93

Carissa_93 New Member

There are definitely many people who have gotten into the program without any hospitality industry experience. As for the phone interviews, I'm hoping it will be soon but I have no idea.

8. sandnsun

sandnsun New Member

I got an email from Kristen from yummy jobs!

Thank you for your application interest in the International College Program for the Summer 2012 at Walt Disney World!

After reviewing your resume, we would like to consider you for Summer 2012 program. We will be in contact with you in the next 4 weeks with more information about the next stage of the interview process! This response may be sooner so please do keep an eye on your emails!

But to get you a bit more excited, here is some information about this exciting opportunity!

¨ Jobs: Quick Service Food & Beverage, Merchandise, Operations, Full Service Food & Beverage, Custodial, Lifeguards, and More!

¨ Visa: Your visa is sponsored and paid for by Walt Disney World. You are responsible for $140 visa application fee (non-Canadian passport holders) and $35 SEVIS fee

¨ Pay rate: $7.17- 8.40 per hour. Minimum of 30 hours per week is guaranteed.

¨ Insurance: You are required to provide your own health insurance for the duration of the program, prices will vary on the insurance provider.

¨ Relocation Assistance: You are responsible for the costs of your round-trip flight.

¨ Housing: Is provided by the Walt Disney World Co. at a cost of $82 - $108 per week. Bedrooms are shared by two people and are fully furnished.

¨ Transportation: To and from work locations and housing complexes is provided by the Walt Disney World Co.

¨ Program Dates: Exact Program Dates are to be confirmed but are anticipated to be April 29- the last weekend of Julywhat happened to the month of august? i cant miss school if its only from april to july i have school til beginning of may :((

¨ Disney Benefits: Receive many great benefits, such as Disney discounts, and free Disney Park tickets for Family and Friends!

¨ Final Interview Locations: Final Interview Locations are still being confirmed but we would anticipate to visit Vancouver, Toronto, and Montreal in early 2012.

* Please note that the prices are in US Dollars and are subject to change

We look forward to considering You for the Walt Disney World International College Program!

Have a great day!