Appartments

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by ciara-cinders, Jan 18, 2007.

1. ciara-cinders

ciara-cinders New Member

Around 5months to go, Im soo excited, could anyone give me an inside into the appartments, what are they really like? What are the bathrooms like? Is a shower room or a bath aswell?? And what are the kitchens like?? and bedrooms???

2. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

If the apt.'s haven't changed since I was there, they will be very nice. They were more spacious than I though they would be. I lived with 3 people ( which was perfect, not too crowded, not too boring ). You will have very comfy couches and a chair in the living room, the kitchen has a dishwasher and you also have a storage closet for all your canned food. In the bathrrom you will have a bathtub/shower and the bedroom will have two beds and some drawers. Also you have a walk in closet ( some larger than others ). You also have another small room that will have your washer and dryer. All in all it's pretty nice, considering you have all the amenities that you need. Since many generations before you have lived at the Commons you will most likely have a tv, maybe dvd, additional phone etc. My apt. only had one group living in there before me, but we had EVERYTHING. The only things I bought were some cleaning utensils and an answering machine. If you live in an 8 people apt. it can definitely get crowded as you will also just have two baths ( like the 4 people apt. ) but it's also fun, because you have so many different roomies.

Julia

3. ciara-cinders

ciara-cinders New Member

Thank you Julia, sounds amazing!!!

4. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

It's really ok, I have lived at worse places. It all depends on how clean your roomies are, too. When I came into my apt. I found out our apt. had been "cleanest apt. of the month" lol I guess I was pretty lucky

5. ciara-cinders

ciara-cinders New Member

Thats okay, I'm one of those weird people that dont mind cleaning, so if it occurs that we dont have the neatest roomies in the world it'll be alright. I'll probably end up being the 'mother' role anyway!
    Did you find that there was any fights, living in such close quarters and all??

6. toorcam

toorcam New Member

Sounds great!! Indeed in the pics we’ve seen, it seems there are quite small.
    Do you know if we also have dish washer?

7. ciara-cinders

ciara-cinders New Member

Julia said we did and a storage closet

8. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

ciara if ur on the summer program u wont be living at the commons where Julia described, you'll prob be in vista. Its similar as far as i know, but i dont think u have washer /dryer in ur room? not certain, but i know there are a few differences between the housing comlexes

9. acp

acp New Member

No, the apartments in Vista don't have a washer/dryer in the apartment. They're shared between the apartments in your block (12, I think), and are on the ground floor in the middle of the block. Of course, if the ones by your apartments are full, you can always "borrow" another block's ;)

10. ciara-cinders

ciara-cinders New Member

okay coool

11. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Sorry, I forgot to mention there is a difference between Vista and Commons. Then again I was there 5 years ago, so I assumed they updated the Vista complex lol
    I was also cleaning with my mexican roomie a lot of times, but as long as it's not all a big, nasty mess I am usually ok. As long as everyone cleans up a bit after themselves it's all good.
    As to the fighting....like I said I was very lucky. I had many friends that were got along with their roomies as well but some were also going crazy with theirs. Some of my friends even moved apt.'s! Well considering that you live with so many people from all over the world it's only natural that you might not get along with all of them. Just try to make the best out of it and I keep my fingers crossed for you!!!! :)

12. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

I thought the apt. size was ok ( well for a 4 people apt. ), just the bedrooms were very small.
    I moved to Florida right after I finished school here so it was my first apt., so maybe that's why everything seemed big to me :)

13. ciara-cinders

ciara-cinders New Member

Yeah I'll make sure everyone does their share :) yeah I'm sure it'll be absolutely fine, I'm a people person so I get on with anyone. I'd say i'll find them big too considering it'll be my first appartment too.

14. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

It's very exciting. I hope you will have great roomies. And after all if you just go on the CP you are not staying for a year, so the time will fly by and you won't have time to argue with your roomies ;D

15. ciara-cinders

ciara-cinders New Member

;D ;D True!! And yummy jobs said that my friend who's also going for the summer program can stay in the same appartment, so I'll know her

16. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

That's good, you can team up against any mean roomie ( although I hope you won't have to ). I really miss the social life there, it's a blast.

17. ciara-cinders

ciara-cinders New Member

hehe yeah lol if we dont end up falling out with eachother in the process, I'm looking forward to the social life but i've only heard of Pleasure Island and now thats over 21s, what else is there (sorry...probably sounds like a stupid question, i know theres loads more considering its DISNEY of all places)

18. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

To go out at night it was mostly P.I. for us. Besides that my day activities included going to the parks A LOT, Downtown Disney, the movies, the malls, Disney Marketplace, Disney Quest and much more. If you still plan to enjoy the nightlife find someone to take you to Downtown Orlando, there are a couple of clubs for under 21's. It's a lot of fun, too, since it's not packed with Disney peeps for once, more like the real world ;)

19. ciara-cinders

ciara-cinders New Member

Oh thank you thank you thank you!!!! Sounds like soo much fun- movies, malls, marketplace etc. Apparently we have family friends in Orlando so I'll see what I can do about Downtown Orlando!! YAY! how exciting

20. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

yummy dont have any say in which apartment you live in, so you might not be with your friend. When i was on the ICP last year it was random, we were spread over vista, chatham and treehouses.