Any ICP alumni applying again?

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by TalkingDug, Sep 17, 2011.

1. TalkingDug

TalkingDug Member

Besides me :)

2. Piglet

Piglet New Member

Yep :D I did 2010 QS Food & Beverage, I think we have less chance of getting through though because there seems to be so many people applying and i'm guessing they wanna give people who haven't done it a chance.. that's just a theory though, hopefully we'll make it through to next year :)

3. TalkingDug

TalkingDug Member

It will be four years since I went. I do know a couple of people who have done three summer programs though so it can happen!

4. KirstyB

KirstyB New Member

Yes I'm applying again!

I did ICP 2010 Attractions, loved every single second of it. Decided not to apply last summer, saw everyones pictures whilst they were over there and massively regretted it! I cant deal with the thought of never working for WDW again so reapplying. Good luck guys, I have heard the interviews are harder with the Disney team but fingers crossed!

5. Piglet

Piglet New Member

I did the same thing, everyone was over there this summer and with our awful weather i wanted to be over there again :p

6. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I am... wow it was kinda a hard decision, cos I want it so bad!!!
    I hate this waiting!!! :(
    xx

7. TalkingDug

TalkingDug Member

Ah Katie, we are both third time appliers :)

8. KirstyB

KirstyB New Member

Totally! Fingers Crossed it'll be good news! If it is- where would you want to work this summer?

9. Piglet

Piglet New Member

erm i'm not actually sure! lol i'd say Animal Kingdom just for perfect hours but i worked there last time so i guess something different like Magic Kingdom..plus u get payed more there and I didn't earn very much last time! I think i might go for character performer this time because so many people said it was a great role last time i was there, i'm only 5foot so maybe thats a good height for it, how about u? x

10. Tasha--x

Tasha--x Member

I did ICP in 2010 worked in Downtown Disney in Tren-D, best summer of my life.. Ive just booked my phone interview and even though its 2 weeks away I feel so sick with nerves already! Any ideas as to what they will ask us? xx

11. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Heck yes TalkingDug!!!

Just wondering - do you know Cat? I have a feeling we both commented on one of her posts on facebook... just wondered!!!

Tash - I think it'll be the same as last time. Lets hope the lovely people on here post :) (and I'm going to try and dig up the threads on here... and see if my ridiculousely long blog has it in too!)
    xx

12. TalkingDug

TalkingDug Member

Yes I do! We were on the same program in 2008!

13. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Awesome!!! :D
    xx

14. catfish278

catfish278 Member

LOLZ I've only just seen that!! Katie, meet Rob. Rob, meet Katie.

*It's a small world after all... it's a small world after all...*

15. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

LOL Cat!!!! I think you did that on facebook too ;)

And Disney is rather incestuous with how we all know each other :p
    xx

16. LauraJayne

LauraJayne New Member

Yes I am :) not sure if I'll get it, I did it this summer so i've only been back about a month now!! I didn't want to leave :/ good luck everyone :D

17. TalkingDug

TalkingDug Member

Hi Laura, I see you worked at Cirque. How was it, working at downtown disney and not in a park?

18. LauraJayne

LauraJayne New Member

Downtown disney was not great lol, I'm sure you know how long the bus takes and also it always seemed to rain when I was going to work and had to walk from casting over to cirque because it was always between 3-4pm lol but cirque itself was great, it didn't feel very disneyfied like I think people in parks were but it was still a great experience plus I got to see the show over and over which was a pretty awesome perk :) If I somehow manage to get the program again though I'll be requesting a park I think whatever the role (unless a park isn't an option). Where did you work?

19. TalkingDug

TalkingDug Member

Worked in MK and then as a character attendant got to work in all four parks :D

20. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Laura I am so jealous of you getting to work at Cirque - I had a friend who did that in '09 and I would love to do that this time around (assuming I get in... don't think my phone interview went great though tbh). Although Attractions is my first love... but if I got merch or QS I'd love to be in a resort instead, for something different!
    Although Downtown has rather fixed hours, something that at least in the parks you generally have more freedom with...

I hate this waiting game. Why do we put ourselves through it???? ;)
    xx