Am I too young to experience is too its max?

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by poohbear, Jan 8, 2011.

1. poohbear

poohbear New Member

I am planning to take part in the program for the summer experience round about when I am 20 cause if I go later my uni course would be over and I'll have too much work to go, the problem is am I too young to experience it to its maximum cause I heard there are parties regularly, I would like to go but I don't want to get in trouble if there is alcohol since I am under the age limit. And also will there be people round about my age participating in the program? I really need some help..

Oh yeah, and since I am not old enough to rent a car, do you think it would be difficult to get around to shop for groceries or go to other places such as a mall in free time?

2. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Hey there, i cant speak for the ICP really, but i finished the CRP in June, and i was 19 all the way throughout that, and i experienced it too the max, i wouldnt worry about not being old enough to rent a car, you'll easily make lots of friends, and im pretty sure one of them will rent a car, there is easy busses provided to all the theme parks, and wal-mart and one to the florida mall, once a week, if you cant get that, then you can get a lynx bus, it takes about 40 minutes, but if your with friends it flies by!

I dont think my experience was any less fun because i was underage!! so i wouldnt worry about it :)

you just have to be a little more careful :)

3. poohbear

poohbear New Member

Thanks a lot, that makes things better, thanks! :)

Oh um, do you know if you get to choose the job/role you want?

4. helium7suz

helium7suz New Member

You have a say in the role but not the location.

Most people that do the ICP are under 21 so you wouldn't be alone. As long as there's no alcohol in your apartment and you're not drinking then you can't really get into any alcohol related trouble.

It's certainly easy enough to get groceries and go to the outlet malls without the need for a car. Buses aren't as convenient as a car but they're not so bad that you feel like you're missing out by not having one.

5. beccathemouse

beccathemouse New Member

Does anyone know if we can request to be put in an under 21/wellness apartment even if we're over 21?

I only ask because I think you're more likely to be in a 4 bed if you are under 21 because there are more people in that age catergory and I prefer to live in bigger apartments with lots of people ..... that and 4 beds are cheaper

love xxx and have a magical day
    :) :) :)

6. helium7suz

helium7suz New Member

You can but I really wouldn't advise it and I don't think it will make much difference anyway. Last summer the majority of ICPs got put into 3-beds at Vista and any that weren't had 4-beds in Chatham.

If you're over 21 in a wellness apartment I think it's too easy for someone to point the finger at you if alcohol's brought in.