Address in the United States...?

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by NateC87, Mar 8, 2010.

1. NateC87

NateC87 New Member

Hey guys,

Quick question about the I-94 Arrival/Departure record form we got with our packs.

A few of my friends have found that we have the same address on where we'll be staying whilst in the US:

8050 Gables Commons Drive, 2nd floor, Orlando, Florida, 32821

I was wondering if anyone knew whether this is a general address for all participants or does this mean that we will be staying in the same accommodation complex?

Or have we built our hopes up too much?

Any help would be great!

Nate

2. captain_kylie

captain_kylie New Member

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but yep this is the general address for paricpants. There are two general addresses and this is one of them and some people will have the other one, but it means nothing! I thought the same last year and it really didn't mean a thing apart from the general address! You won't know where you're staying, or who with or how many people until you get to the welcome meeting on arrival! :D

Kylie x

P.s No one on the ICP will be at the commons xx

3. Mauro

Mauro New Member

that adress is the one for the International Programs office so I am guessing is just a generic one.

4. chanm002

chanm002 New Member

So where will ICPs end up living? Vista? Pattersen Court?

5. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Vista or Chatham!

6. captain_kylie

captain_kylie New Member

Or Patterson Court!!!!

I loved living at Patterson...people moan about the lack of bus stop but hey its a 2 min journey!

last summer most people lived at Chatham from uk icp, a few at patterson and even less at vista! I'm hoping for Patterson again (or chatham) but patterson is so pwetty and the pool area is LOVELY!!! x

7. catfish278

catfish278 Member

I was in vista in 2008 and it wasn't that bad :) I don't mind where I get put... but chatham and patterson do look a bit nicer than vista :p

8. Sofi

Sofi Guest

hey are any of the accommodations walkable to work? x

9. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Quite a few lived in Vista Kylie - but not many from our date, they mostly arrived before!
    Our date I think most were Chatham - Chatham is where it's at!

Sofi - none are walkable to work unless you are a lifeguard and work at Mickey's retreat, or you fancy about a 10 mile walk with no pavements! In the sun!
    xx

10. KingDavid

KingDavid New Member

Americans really aren't fans of the sidewalk. I tried walking from a hotel off iDrive to Aquatica (sticking to the grass verges) - lost count of the amount of times I got beeped at.

11. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Americans are not a fan of walking un-necessarily... it is the land of the motor vehicle!!

12. Mauro

Mauro New Member

commons is only for Cultural Representative Program....its THE place to be

Vista is falling apart, but ranks second as the party place. Don´t know why and Disney says placing is random but all the
    latin american ICPs are placed mostly on Vista!!!

Patterson ...is quite nice..everything is new, but you need to walk to the bus station. Don even try sneaking people in Patterson its almost impossible and security there sucks!!!

Chatham..it sure is nicer than vista....but at night....it just feels ....lonely...no noice or parties!!!

by the way!!! I have lived in Chatham, Vista and Commons!!!