Accreditation Letter

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by iain89uk, Nov 9, 2009.

1. iain89uk

iain89uk New Member

I have a question about the accreditation letter that we have to get your uni to type on headed paper. I'm probably just being paranoid but I don't want to bring the wrong thing to the interview!

It said to insert the end date of the summer term and the date when the new academic year begins. By 'summer term' do they mean the date that you're available from? Or do they mean the end date of the actual summer term (as in the 3rd trimester). Because my uni's put the end date for the actual 3rd trimester (when we're on summer break), which is something like August 28th and beginning of the new academic year on 6 sep. But I'm actually available from the beginning of may. Is this what they're after or should I get my uni to do it again?

I hope that made sense!!

2. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Well for mine, the term date is the date I have... so something like the 25th June to 6th October!

(Actually this is what I have asked for, the same as last year, but with this years dates - I haven't got the letter yet!) Hopefully it will be ready today... but it can take up to 7 days! Although I can't get it after tomorrow... my interview's on Thursday and I'm off to Aberdeen tomorrow! ;D
    xx

3. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Well, I have the same problem in that the summer term doesn't end officially until something like the 5th July which is too late but I'm going to be free from the end of May.... sooo I just put in that the end of term is from when I am free. And told the Uni that YJ had asked for the end of MY term, they didn't question it ;D And then the second date is the start of the new academic year which for me was something like the 27th Sept. Hope this helps!

4. Kevus

Kevus New Member

I would get that changed..because then it doesn't look like you are available for the summer season.

5. nikiolola

nikiolola New Member

I e-mailed yummy jobs and asked them about this. It means the end of the actual uni term, although you might need a letter stating when you personally are available from when it comes to getting a visa!

6. Laura Jane

Laura Jane New Member

In the email i got about the final interview, it said i didn't need to get the accreditation letter because they would obtain it from my uni themselves.. Bit weird, as i had to get it last year!

7. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

I had that problem but on the other form they asked us to fill out my teacher has signed to say that i finish in may and shes the head of my course so i think that would do. My uni said that they cant change the end date and they have to put it when uni is finished. x

8. Laura Jane

Laura Jane New Member

Ahh, yummy jobs said it was because my uni were hosting the interviews. So i don't know if it's like that all over or not.. But they didn't need it so all was fine!

9. leeds disney fan

leeds disney fan New Member

My letter said about 2months after the date I started and although i didn't get offered a job one of my friends on the same course did and they just got a letter that said that although the date of arrival was before the end of term they could start providing they had completed all the work required to pass the year