6 or 12 months?

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Keri_07, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

Hi :)

I'm in the middle of the application process and just found out that all the 12 month positions are full for the January start and only the 6 month ones are left. Both are available for the July start. I can't decide which one to apply for because I really wanted to do 12 month one but am not too sure if I should take another semester off in 2012 so that I can do it.

Which one would you recommend applying for?

2. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

6 months is not enough time there so try for a 12 month placement if you can!!!!!! ;D

3. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

Thankyou for your reply :)

I'm going to apply for 12 months ;D It will give me more time to save for over there too.

So exciting! Now I just have to get accepted! Haha

4. Sophielle

Sophielle New Member

hi when I had my interview and everything they told us that if we put 6 months down and then decided that we wanted to extend to the 12 month - that was ok. So if you really wanted to go in January you could always do that. If you do 12 months though you can't shorten it. I am going in January for 12 months. :D

5. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

Hi :)

Hmm I don't want to risk doing that and then having to leave after 6 months though...I might ask about it in the phone interview (if I get one haha)...if you don't mind sharing what sort of questions did they ask in the phone interview?

Thanks!

6. MitchellC

MitchellC New Member

Yer, that's what we were told, if you only take 6 months, you might not be given to opportunity to extend, it all depends on how many people apply / what positions are available, etc...

I didn't get a phone interview, but in our actual interview I was asked some of the following:

• Have you ever been to Disney World?
    • What do you like about Disney World?
    • What do you think you would get from working at Disney World?
    • Where would you like to work at Disney World?
    • Do you mind working long shifts, often outdoors or late at night?
    • Would you be ok with heavy lifting (Merchandise - Unpacking boxes, etc...)?
    • What are you currently studying and why?

Umm, and that's about all I can remember off the top of my head. You might get asked all or none of those questions.
    My only suggestion is be positive and happy, and just be yourself, your enthusiasm to work for Disney will shine through!
    Cheers,
    Mitchell.

7. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

Awesome thanks for that.

Some of the answers I can think of for those questions sound so lame haha.

What areas did you apply for?

:)

8. MitchellC

MitchellC New Member

No problem :)!
    I applied for Operations and Merchandise :)
    What will you apply for?
    :)

9. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

Same :)

I wouldn't mind merchandise and front desk/hospitality either.